Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  

Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable

Go down 
+3
Nitro
Hurricane Rev
Sonicstormer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable  Empty
PostSubject: Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable    Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable  EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 9:10 am

Team ninja is having a press only event in San Francisco on Wednesday Dec 7th 2011 and DOA5 will be playable
Back to top Go down
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable    Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable  EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 4:42 am

I am really looking forward to hearing info about the game
Back to top Go down
https://deadoraliveeu.forummotion.com
Nitro

Nitro

PostSubject: Re: Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable    Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable  EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 10:24 am

Any more news on this?
I hope we'll see new pictures or gameplay vids soon

I wish they had a live stream or something to keep their fans in the loop though

EDIT
pictures being posted on Tecmo's facebook page
facebook .com / tecmoeurope

I'm not allowed to post pics yet because I'm a new member Sad

EDIT2
Screenshots been posted!
What do you guys think about it?

Looks a lot more realistic, Hitomi and Ayane have seriously nicer looking faces and the graphics look awesome.
Apparently DOA5 is going to be released on both PS3 as well as 360 so that's really great news for someone like me cheers

Also been hearing about the new Power Blows mechanic, might be something like SF4's unblockable counter thing which breaks combos, giving more options for retaliation besides reversing or grappling

Love the posters, the Ayane one is nicer though
Back to top Go down
dezeray112

dezeray112

PostSubject: Re: Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable    Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable  EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 10:30 pm

So I see that Hitomi and Ayane are confirmed to be in DOA5. They look awesome! I'm also glad that the game is going to be on the PS3.

I hope that they will show new trailers for the game.
Back to top Go down
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable    Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable  EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 6:45 am

Back to top Go down
dezeray112

dezeray112

PostSubject: Re: Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable    Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable  EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 7:49 am

I have to admit, the graphics look amazing and beautiful as well. I wonder how the other characters will look like within these graphics?
Back to top Go down
Nitro

Nitro

PostSubject: Re: Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable    Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable  EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 7:52 am

The graphics are very nice, loving the new style

Gamespot posted their impressions of DOA5, I think its a good read, summarised by freestepdodge:
Quote :

There's a lot of new buzz going around due to the recent Ninja Gaiden 3 and Dead or Alive 5 press event that happened yesterday in San Francisco, California. There's also been a lot of confusion on reports based on this new buzz. Unfortunately, Team NINJA stated they did not want high level players at this event to give their immediate feedback so we'll have to just try to decipher what all the reports are saying. However, GameSpot has put up a nice video talking about their impressions. The video can be found here, but below will be the list of features and gameplay changes made to the game mentioned in the video:

* The cliff feature has a QTE event that the one falling off can use to catch on and get back up.

* After catching the ledge, the attacking player has the option to either do an attack or a throw while the falling player gets back up. The attacker can decide either, but the falling player only has the options to either block the attack or dodge the throw.

* The player had to be knocked into a certain section of the wall in order for it to fall down and it may not happen all the time. Hayashi didn't say if it would be an option that can be toggled on or off.

* The holds are a 3 point hold system for weaker holds, and a 4 point "advanced hold" called "expert holds".

*Some holds allow for a launching attack, making it easy to follow-up a juggle. Unclear which type of holds do this but most likely the "expert" holds.

* The player can sidestep like the new Soul Calibur 5 but it didn't seem as useful as there were a lot of horizontal attacks.

* There will be a tag mode.

* The power attacks have a delay if you start up, not much reach, and a very high delay if you whiff.

* You can cancel the power attack charge up by side stepping or continue the charge to delay it.

* Most of the power attacks strike at mid level.

* The power attacks can be blocked, and the attacker is in put into a heavy disadvantage if blocked.

* Environment debris can stun you if you're not careful.

source link:
www .freestepdodge.com /threads/ gamespot-doa5-impressions-from-the-press-event-in-san-francisco.484/
Back to top Go down
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

PostSubject: Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable    Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable  EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 9:04 am

I love the design for Ayane and Hitomi this game is going to be epic.
Back to top Go down
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable    Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable  EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 8:23 am

I am really liking the looks for Ayane and Hitomi. I am REALLY looking forward to seeing my Zacky and Lei Fang!!!
Back to top Go down
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

PostSubject: Dead or alive 5: Team ninja press event DOA5 playable    Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable  EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 2:25 pm

^^^ Seeing Lei Fang should be cool. I'm surprised that they did show Kasumi yet. She is one of the main characters i think the next time TN shows us some characters Kasumi will be one that gets picked.
Back to top Go down
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable    Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable  EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 8:23 pm

^ Yeah, I was wondering why Ayane and hitomi are fighting each other.. Maybe both of them are rivals to each other in the storyline. They could be fighting over for hayate lool

It is likely that they will show Kasumi and I do believe that she is one of the main character. Although, I am not too sure who is more important. Ayane or Kasumi ????
Back to top Go down
Nitro

Nitro

PostSubject: Re: Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable    Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable  EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:28 pm

Maybe Kasumi was one of Itagaki's favorites?
Ayane is an important character in Ninja Gaiden series, so maybe they decided to give her more importance in DOA too.

Either way, seeing Hitomi was unexpected Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable    Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable  EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 2:35 am

I was kinda surprise to see Hitomi this early. I was expecting to see Kasumi but seeing hitomi show up next and fighting against ayane was really surprising to see
Back to top Go down
Sarah Lou

Sarah Lou

PostSubject: Re: Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable    Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable  EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 7:28 am

Nitro wrote:
Maybe Kasumi was one of Itagaki's favorites?
Ayane is an important character in Ninja Gaiden series, so maybe they decided to give her more importance in DOA too.

Either way, seeing Hitomi was unexpected Very Happy

There's a point, since kasumi was itagaki favourite how is she going to be treated now that he's gone, less costumes prehaps?
Back to top Go down
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

PostSubject: Re: Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable    Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable  EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 11:02 am

Hurricane Rev wrote:
^ Yeah, I was wondering why Ayane and hitomi are fighting each other.. Maybe both of them are rivals to each other in the storyline. They could be fighting over for hayate lool

It is likely that they will show Kasumi and I do believe that she is one of the main character. Although, I am not too sure who is more important. Ayane or Kasumi ????

Yeah i was thinking the same thing. Having Hitomi and Ayane be rivals would be really cool i hope that happens. As for who is more important i think it's both Ayane and Kasumi.
Back to top Go down
Nitro

Nitro

PostSubject: Re: Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable    Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable  EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:49 pm

Ayane already has enough rivals lol
But this was going to happen eventually, Ein and Hayate are the same person afterall.

They might become friends in the future though, a friendly rivalry at worst.
I dont believe Hitomi would ever kill someone for a guy

@Sarah
who knows? Laughing
My guess is that everyone will have the same number of costumes in DOA5, the men as well as the women too.
Back to top Go down
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable    Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable  EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 3:42 am

Back to top Go down
Nitro

Nitro

PostSubject: Re: Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable    Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable  EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 7:01 am

Nice! These will come in handy Very Happy
Ayane's pose is so much nicer than Hitomi's though

But yea, I cant wait to see other characters too
Back to top Go down
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable    Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable  EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 1:53 am

There is a new interview about DOA5...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8G7Aowylbk
Back to top Go down
chako33

chako33

PostSubject: Re: Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable    Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable  EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 6:36 pm

Hurricane Rev wrote:
Here are the Hitomi vs Ayane screenshots!!

This game is looking BEAUTIFUL!!!
Okay guys maybe I made a stupid conclusion but did you look the difference between the two last screenshots in Hurricane's post (sorry new member so I can't post external links...)?

Hitomi lost her jacket between those pictures affraid

Ok maybe the screens were taken from 2 different fights but if you look closely at Hitomi's jean it's the same.
BUT if those screens were taken from the same fight, it means that characters can take off clothes during fights (which will add more realism but could be also perv's heaven scratch ). In DOA games, characters had 'interactive clothes' were they could lose their hat, glasses, etc. So it won't be a surprise if they thought about more than just accessories...
Back to top Go down
UncleKitchener

UncleKitchener

PostSubject: Re: Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable    Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 3:35 am

I think the fighters tend to visually change after a round or two, so that's why Hitomi lost her jacket.
Back to top Go down
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable    Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 1:07 pm

Yeah, I did noticed about the jacket coming off aswell, which is pretty cool I guess. I just hope that the clothes coming off doesn't go extreme if you guys know what I mean. lool
Back to top Go down
UncleKitchener

UncleKitchener

PostSubject: Re: Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable    Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 2:35 pm

Hayashi isn't Itagaki, so that's already good news.
Back to top Go down
chako33

chako33

PostSubject: Re: Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable    Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 9:53 pm

Hurricane Rev wrote:
I just hope that the clothes coming off doesn't go extreme if you guys know what I mean. lool
Yeah that's what I'm afraid of the most...
Back to top Go down
Nitro

Nitro

PostSubject: Re: Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable    Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable  EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 1:57 am

I didn't notice the jacket coming off, I thought it might have been different costumes because her jacket is actually zipped up so it cant "fall" off unless she removes it herself

I dont think we need to worry about perverseness in DOA5 Smile
they've already given both the ladies a slight boob reduction and made them look more realistic compared to previous DOA games
if they had wanted to add more sex-appeal instead of less, then they would have done the complete opposite
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable    Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable  Empty

Back to top Go down

Team Ninja Press Event DOA5 Playable
Page 1 of 1