Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  

Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why?

Go down 
+11
KwonJigglypuff
AngryWorm
Kasumi
Snuggles
LavanderGirl
UncleKitchener
chako33
dezeray112
Sonicstormer
Hurricane Rev
Nitro
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Nitro

Nitro

Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why? Empty
PostSubject: Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why?   Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why? EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 11:11 pm

I am interested to hear how DOA players chose their mains and why they continue to play with them.

As for me:
My main is Hitomi (in DOA4), but LeiFang has always been my favourite so I cant get away from her.
I also play good with Helena and Ein.

When I played DOA1 for the first time, LeiFang caught my eye and I had to main her.
DOA2 came around and I enjoyed playing with Ein and Helena too, but LeiFang was still my main.
DOA3 I didn't play much, I completed story mode with everyone but I didn't like the changes.
DOA2U made me very happy, Hitomi was a great addition and she became one of my mains
DOA4 has changed things

I still like LeiFang a lot, but I cant get away from the fact that I play best with Hitomi, followed by Helena.

Hitomi has excellent ranged attacks and spacing game that works best with how I like to play.

Henela has rubbish range attacks but has an incredible close-range mixup game, I can (almost) use the same strategies I use in Tekken with Xiaoyu because of the (almost) similar movesets.

I'm not asking people to write essays like I just did Razz
Simple one-liners are good enough, although it will be more helpful if you post with more thought.

I find the topic fascinating and I believe it can help us think harder about why we play and how we can improve our skillz.
Back to top Go down
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why?   Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 4:17 am

My current mains are Zack and Lei Fang.

In DOA2, I used to play with Zack because the character type that I tend to go for are wacky characters and Zack is probably the wackiest character in DOA. Also, I liked his playstyle in DOA2. I don't think I was good around that time because I was too young when I was playing DOA2 and I didn't take DOA seriously at that time aswell.

In DOA3, Zack wasn't really my main in this game because he was different from DOA2 to DOA3. I was mostly played with Hitomi and at that time. Hitomi was my main and Zack was my second main. Although, there were some moves of Zack that I used like in DOA3.

In DOA4, In the beginning, I was currently maining Hitomi still at that time. But a few years later, I went back to Zack, seeing how I really missed playing with him lool. At first, I wasn't really good at DOA4 because I didn't really take the game seriously for the first half. But when I did finally take the game seriously, I was pretty decent at it.

In DOAD, nothing really changed in terms of my characters. Except, one day, when I was on holidaym I started playing with different characters in training mode. I came across Lei fang and that is when I found a new main. I really do Like playing with Lei Fang and she is a challenging character to play with, which I love. Even more, I prefer her in DOAD than in DOA4.

As for DOA5, Well, If there a female tae kwon do character that will be in the game, Then She's Mine!!!! lool
Back to top Go down
https://deadoraliveeu.forummotion.com
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

PostSubject: who is your main/favourite character and why?   Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why? EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 9:33 am

My current mains are Kasumi and Ayane

When i played DOA1 on the PlayStation i was looking at the character roster and i saw Kasumi. She look like a really cool character and i loved some of her costumes so i try her out and i love it. Her fighting style was really cool and played really well when choose Kasumi.

When DOA3 came out for the XBOX Kasumi was still my favorite character and she was still cute as ever. This is the game when i started to main as Ayane her costume one was really cool and the purple hair was amazing so i started to play as her. I just loved her story it was really interesting and rivalry with Kasumi was interesting two and i loved her DOA3 ending by far the best one in the game. Overall i played as Ayane allot more than i did Kasumi.

When DOA4 came out Ayane was my number one and Kasumi was my number 2. I decide to play Kasumi a little bit more in DOA4 in the end i try to make sure i played both ninja girls as equally as possible.

I got DOAU2 like 3 months ago. In this game we got to learn more about the story between Kasumi and Ayane and the story was epic
When DOA5 comes out i will most likely play Kasumi and Ayane and just love Ayane's design and costume and i can't wait to see Kasumi. And like what REV said if their is a Korean tae Kwon girl than i will be playing her as well.
Back to top Go down
dezeray112

dezeray112

PostSubject: Re: Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why?   Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 2:25 am

For me, my main is Jann Lee.

I've always loved how some of Jann Lee's moves were inspired by the martial art as well as Bruce Lee.
Back to top Go down
Nitro

Nitro

PostSubject: Re: Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why?   Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 6:25 am

Bruce Lee is a legend, all fighting games pay homage to him in some way Smile

I've been playing a lot of DOA4 since my first post, and my mains have changed from LeiFang to Hitomi and now settled on Helena.
I'm still good with Hitomi and Leifang, but I play best with Helena
Back to top Go down
chako33

chako33

PostSubject: Re: Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why?   Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why? EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:02 am

I began to play DOA with DOA3 on Xbox and Hitomi was my main character.
Then when I bought DOA Ultimate I really enjoyed playing with Kasumi, mainly because she has a lot of outfits (shame on me rofl).

And now I play on Dimensions and Kasumi is my main character even if I like to play with Hitomi and having the Hitsumi team for Tag-team battles :p
Back to top Go down
UncleKitchener

UncleKitchener

PostSubject: Re: Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why?   Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why? EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 12:37 am

Started playing ninjas back in doa2, but though they were pretty retarded, so I moved onto Bass, Leon and Tina.

I really regret not starting out with Gen Fu.
Back to top Go down
LavanderGirl

LavanderGirl

PostSubject: Re: Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why?   Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why? EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 4:30 am

I did main Kasumi one time. But as I played with some other characters, I started to mostly main Lei Fang. You see she seems to be my sould mate in the DOA series, and... I love her. I really like her personality, her determined independence. It's everything about her that I like.

I also play Kasumi, Ayane, Eliot and Helena. But I would mostly play as Lei Fang for now on until I get really great with her.

Main: Lei Fang
Second main: Rio
Others: Kasumi Ayane Eliot Helena Alpha152 Kasumi_Alpha

Last edited by LavanderGirl on Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://lavandergirlviolet.tumblr.com/
chako33

chako33

PostSubject: Re: Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why?   Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 12:38 am

Just wanted to update that my main is Jann Lee because it was easier for me to play with him than playing with Kasumi (and in my opinion Kasumi is really easy to be played and a perfect character for everyone).
Back to top Go down
Snuggles

PostSubject: Re: Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why?   Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why? EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 2:46 am

I love Hayate. The thing I like most is that he has good range attacks. Also can do some real damage when he gets his opponent against a wall. He has some good 50/50s in his move list so I can mess with people's heads Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.senbreeze.co.uk
Kasumi

Kasumi

PostSubject: Re: Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why?   Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why? EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 2:53 pm

doa3: kasumi
doa4: kasumi

I always had the easiest time playing with her.

I never owned to doa3, i rented it was awesome.

Doa4: owned but I my game kept glitching, so i got rid of it.
Back to top Go down
AngryWorm

AngryWorm

PostSubject: Re: Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why?   Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why? EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 10:56 am

Hitomi. I might write a long post explaining why someday once I feel a bit more comfortable with the DOA community.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AngryWorm
KwonJigglypuff

KwonJigglypuff

PostSubject: Re: Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why?   Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why? EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 11:37 am

Quote :
"As for DOA5, Well, If there a female tae kwon do character that will be in the game, Then She's Mine!!!! "

Me too ! Can't wait. I hope it will be Mila, I want a female taekwondoka !

DOA2 : Helena, then the 4 other girls.
DOA4 : Helena, then the 8 other girls.
DOAD : Helena, then the 8 other girls, then Eliot.

Weird uh.. ? I guess Mila will be on my team too.
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why?   Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why? EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 9:01 pm

Ryu, Ayane, Kasumi,
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/Thunderninja02
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

PostSubject: Who is your main character and why   Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 2:25 am

^^ same characters different order. Ayane ryu kasumi
Back to top Go down
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why?   Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why? EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 7:02 am

KwonJigglypuff wrote:
Quote :
"As for DOA5, Well, If there a female tae kwon do character that will be in the game, Then She's Mine!!!! "

Me too ! Can't wait. I hope it will be Mila, I want a female taekwondoka !

Haha I would so LOVE it if Mila is the Korean female tae kron do character. That would actually make my day to be honest.
Back to top Go down
https://deadoraliveeu.forummotion.com
Awesmic

Awesmic

PostSubject: Re: Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why?   Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why? EmptySat May 19, 2012 2:28 am

As you know, I'm more known here and in other DOA communities by the name Awesmic. As of this point, it's okay to also call me Clay if you want. I'm a DOA fan, and in a way, "raised" as a DOA player. As the topic suggests, I am obviously a Christie player, but in my mind, I haven't earned the right to say that until I played DOA4.

My earliest experience with DOA as a game dates back to the Saturn import of DOA, where at the time I was big on the Darkstalkers games and playing the hell out of Vampire Savior. I loved it. It had something I believed no other 3D fighter had: Accessibility, and women who were actually attractive. DOA2 came along a few years later, and I was floored by the immense graphical overhaul and the innovative use of environments. Helena became a temporary favorite of mine while this game remained the talk of the town.

Fast forward circa 2001, I hear the next DOA game makes the biggest gamble in console-shifting to a console I know little about. I grew with worry, believing the series won't make much profit outside of PS2, where a variety of fighters were prominent and more established. November came, and DOA3 was among the launch titles to represent the new console's premier fighting game. That console was the Xbox. I saw no advertisements prior to the game's release, and bought and played the game on blind faith, with doubts on the back of my mind that I would be playing a flawed final product. I was proven wrong.

Not only was the game flawless in presentation and graphics, the gameplay was just as I remembered it. I tried out one of the newest characters, Christie, to begin. Not only was her looks and her measurements interesting, she seemed to play a bit like Lion Rafale from the Virtua Fighter series, and my curiosity about her only grew with each moment I played her. After five minutes, I was on the verge of defeating the final boss. Initially, I believed the game would still have those lackluster in-game graphics endings. Much to my surprise, the game instead used full CGI endings. To think the first character I played would have a sexy brief shower scene shocked and surprised me, especially given the previous content of the endings of the past games.

After seeing this, and hearing incredible news on how many units were sold, I was proud to be an Xbox owner, and never doubted Microsoft's potential ever since. In addition, Christie became my new favorite in the series. It also helped that her voice actress - Kotono Mitsuishi - is a legend in Japan. I liked the character so much that I went out of my way to buy the Platinum Hits version copy of the same game just because Christie was on the dad-gummed cover, which I honestly wasn't expecting.

As DOA hit its stride on the Xbox, it was later announced a volleyball game would be made. But I had an idea of how they would make it interesting by having the focus be on the women. The very thought of Christie parading around semi-nude was enough to get me hyped. Around 2003, I bought into the scandalous hype surrounding the game and bought DOAX. I initially expected it would serve as a means of wardrobe expansion for the next DOA fighter, but later found out that wouldn't be the case. Lucky for me, I was open-minded enough to enjoy this game after playing another "collecting" game called Harvest Moon. It was enough for me to get the idea of playing DOAX as a whole. The nifty use of custom soundtracks wasn't a bad idea either. Nobuo Uematsu's music was my solution to getting through it all.

As DOAX grew popular (in controversy or otherwise), I would eventually stumble across the internet in the hopes of finding a DOA site that had good wallpaper. This would mark my earliest experience with the DOA community in general, dating way back to the days of Neotaku, where at the time I was more a fundamentalist when it came to appreciating DOA. I wasn't always the somewhat stoic impression you guys may have seen here so far. Like you guys, I was quite laid back. I did little posting at the Neotaku forums, and mostly went there to collect information on obtaining every swimsuit I can.

Ninja Gaiden trailer and talk aside, DOA Ultimate was announced. But this time, it was more than just a remake of the first two games with the DOAX graphics engine. It was landmarked as the first (good) fighting game with online play via video game console. Through this, a new community was born. DOAC. A DOA community where the site's ideal prominent focus was on the fighting games themselves and making it competitive. But unfortunately for me, I couldn't take part in any of it, as I went nearly 2 years without personal internet access. So by the time I was at DOAC, I was very late in the competitive scene. It may have been good for me though, as Christie was not included as a bonus character in DOA2U as well as Hitomi. So I didn't sweat it.

DOA4 became the big talked about subject at DOAC in the fall of 2005, and on October of that year, I became a member there. I had gone through a roller-coaster of drama, self-confidence issues, and hardships, but like any other community where competition is paramount, there are always some cool people to hang around with, and that kept me going. Through my dedication to learning Christie in DOA4 - and the somewhat fanatical obsession with Christie that drove me to it - I'd become a unique individual there. Some said I was weird. . . others said I was funny. Some said I was too soft. . . others said I was reasonable. Some said I had an unhealthy obsession with Christie. . . others said I had to do what I had to do to stay motivated with learning Christie. Whatever the case, I never got too caught up on myself with the new things I learned over the years. I was always improving.

As if to test the strength of my dedication, the online patch for DOA4 arrived in February 2006. Christie from then on went from high tier to low-mid, if not low tier. Her overall damage on holds and throws were reduced, and her punch strings were reduced in stun property. However her Dokuja-Fujin stance moves gained usefulness, and through trial and error (and help from an older player called OptimusPrime 169), I learned to apply this the best way I can, eventually creating the guide for DOA 4.1's Christie.

As of this past June, I have finally went to an offline tournament. It was D.I.D. 7, held in Dallas, Texas at the A-Kon convention. MASTER was hosting the tourney, and the turnout was bigger than expected as opposed to the past few years. On top of that, some folks from Team Ninja and Monty Oum were there, as well as some familiar names from DOA Central. When I went there, I was nervous. I had a reputation of an odd duck in the community, and I had no idea how that was gonna carry with some people offline. Turned out I had nothing to worry about. People surprisingly chilled and had a great time competing and stuff. It was truly a great experience. All the online nonsense is truly thrown out the window once people have seen that you're going out of your way to support the game you love, which is the real point of going.

But what about the experience during the actual tourney, you ask? What happens then? I won't lie to you. Even in the heat of the tourney commencing, I was nervous, often questioning to myself if all that experience I've gone through online learning from others and gradually improving over the years amounted to anything. With these doubts flowing in my mind at the time, I decided to set my goal to placing better than last, that way it wouldn't take such an emotional toll on me if I had my hopes up too high and lost. For me, it helped. But being a good sport and also keeping good relations with those who have experience traveling offline also carries a lot of weight in ensuring healthy competition in a tourney. You never know when a good nudge or encouragement from others is all you need to go forward, because surely you do not want to make enemies.

In the end, it's all about strong nerves, keeping a cool head when the match is on, and let things flow the best you can with what you know. And above all... pay attention and adapt to how the player is playing the character, and don't be thrown off simply by the character he/she is using. After going as far as I can, I ended up placing 4th in my first DOA offline tourney and fighting the good fight against MASTER... something I was never expecting to accomplish. The dedication pays off in the long run, if you are willing to not give up on your character and go the extra mile on effort. In addition, you never know who you'll inspire.

There have been many inconsistencies about myself as a member in the DOA community and as a person, but through my dedication as both a Christie fan and a Christie player, I have an identity. I have purpose. Find your unique desire with DOA and expand upon it. Take it to the next level. The road may be difficult, but you will never be lost if you have the right people to push you forward. That aside, you now know why I never drop Christie. She and I are one. She is my equilibrium. My personal balance of the fundamental mindet and the competitive mindset. Through happiness and despair, victories and losses, blood, sweat, and tears, I can play her and still enjoy playing her... and I shall never drop her.
Back to top Go down
Paradiso

Paradiso

PostSubject: Re: Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why?   Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why? EmptySat May 19, 2012 9:01 am

Helena x Hayate. Sometimes Kokoro and I prefer Ein over Hayate, but I don't think he'll be joining DOA5.
Back to top Go down
Project ASX

PostSubject: Re: Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why?   Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why? EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 4:50 pm

Mine would be Helena Douglas.
She was my main character for nearly over a year now, and i still play as her to this day.
She is a very stylish character with an excellent fighting style(which happens to be quite similar to Ling Xiaoyu's fighting style from Tekken).
Most of all, she's gorgeous!
Nowadays i play Dead or Alive 3 and Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate w/ her, and she still remains a fantastic addition to Dead or Alive series.

Man, I just cannot wait to see her in DOA5.
To all of the Helena fans out there, we will be pleased for sure once we see her in the fighting field once again.
Smile
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why?   Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why? EmptySat Jun 23, 2012 10:52 pm

updating
Main = Hayabusa
2nd Kasumi
3rd helena
Back to top Go down
Project ASX

PostSubject: Re: Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why?   Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 6:32 am

Helena and Kokoro now.
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why?   Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why? EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 7:45 am

0_O
niceee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why?   Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who is your Main/Favourite character, and why?
Page 1 of 1