Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  

Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012  Empty
PostSubject: Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012    Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012  EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 8:19 am

Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012  W9wpxs

There is going to be a new weekly casual event in East London that will take place at Games City (In Walthamstow) on Monday the 9th of January 2012!! The current games are Soul Calibur 4 (If 5 is available then, we will use that), Dead Or Alive 4 and Blazblue for now. Also, This ISN'T a Tournaments. It is a straight out weekly Casual event. This event will be a trail event, just to see if the event goes well or not. There is a chance that the event will have live streamed to it. So, just to summaries it all:

Date: Monday 9th January 2012
Venue: Games City (Walthamstow)
Entry: £5
Time: 5:30pm - 10pm
Games: SC4, DOA4 and Blazblue
Live Stream: TBC

The address for the venue

No.2 Garnett Way (Off Billet Road)
Walthamstow
London
E17 5PE

Nearest Tube is Blackhorse Road/Walthamstow Central (Victoria Line) where you can then take the 158 or W15 bus

Here is a map for people who are coming from Blackhorse Road station....

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img535/8012/route.jpg

There will be more information to come about this. But I just wanted to let you guys know about this. Smile

If you guys have got any questions, feel free to ask them here Smile

Last edited by Hurricane Rev on Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:59 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://deadoraliveeu.forummotion.com
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

PostSubject: New London weekly event    Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012  EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 1:49 pm

Awesome can't wait since i might be going to London for winter break and it might be that week. so are hosting the event REV?
Back to top Go down
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012    Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012  EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 5:36 am

Sweet Stuffs Man and Yeah, I will be hosting it. I hope that you can make it down man.
Back to top Go down
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

PostSubject: New London weekly event    Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012  EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 9:51 am

Yeah the event should be good. If your planning on putting more games to the event line up you should see if it's possible to have DOAU2 or DOA3 at this offline event.
Back to top Go down
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012    Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012  EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 9:50 am

Sonicstormer wrote:
Yeah the event should be good. If your planning on putting more games to the event line up you should see if it's possible to have DOAU2 or DOA3 at this offline event.

I am planning on putting more games into the line up. However, I don't think I can hold a session for DOAU2 or DOA3 because both of them don't work on the 360 anymore Sad . So I need to get the original xbox but I can't play doa with my Arcade stick Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012    Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012  EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 9:56 am

Guys, I just wanted to add in the address for the venue

No.2 Garnett Way (Off Billet Road)
Walthamstow
London
E17 5PE

I will be looking forward to seeing you guys at Walthamstow Versus!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
UncleKitchener

UncleKitchener

PostSubject: Re: Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012    Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012  EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 12:09 pm

I'll try to make it. I got an operation that day, but hopefully it'll be in the morning.
Back to top Go down
Nitro

Nitro

PostSubject: Re: Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012    Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012  EmptySun Dec 25, 2011 12:42 am

Hey there UncleKitchener Very Happy
I hope your operation isn't anything serious, it will be great to see all you guys there
I'm still rusty at doa4 because I dont have people to play against up here, I'm looking forward to playing you guys and getting better, in preparation for doa5 actually
Back to top Go down
UncleKitchener

UncleKitchener

PostSubject: Re: Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012    Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012  EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 12:39 am

I don't play doa4 to be honest since I mostly play doa3. In fact, my main game is Tekken (which means that I'll be going to the Yorkshire event too), but I started doa again just out of curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Nitro

Nitro

PostSubject: Re: Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012    Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012  EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 8:57 am

Cool, who do you play with in Tek?
I'm guessing Lars but I could be wrong...
Back to top Go down
UncleKitchener

UncleKitchener

PostSubject: Re: Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012    Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012  EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 3:06 pm

Nitro wrote:
Cool, who do you play with in Tek?
I'm guessing Lars but I could be wrong...

No, I main Heihachi and just started with Miguel and Jack. Miguel's really REALLY good in Tag2. Jack just keeps getting better.

I mostly take the piss out of Lars and Lars players.
Back to top Go down
Nitro

Nitro

PostSubject: Re: Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012    Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012  EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 8:30 am

Have you played Tag2?
I bought Tekken Hybrid just for the TTT2 demo and I like the changes they made to Xiao on the whole, though they nerfed one of her staple AOP launchers I wasnt happy about.
Jack is too slow and sluggish for my tastes

Who do you pick in DOA3?
Back to top Go down
UncleKitchener

UncleKitchener

PostSubject: Re: Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012    Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012  EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 1:32 pm

I did play Tag2 on a few occasions when Namco was having its Fight Club events in London.

Heihachi's even better with the addition of the new Rajin punch parry. Not sure about sure about Xiaoyu since I don't play her, but Xiaoyu players are generally okay with her current state. Bryan's nerfed though.

I mostly play Leon and Bass. I like the grapplers in doa, especially in 3 where they have air grabs. Leon paints people on the wall (Gen Fu's beard makes a good brush). Bayman on the other hand is a sculptor. Not sure about 4, but I've heard that grapplers have the universal 8 frame grabs instead of 6. Is this true?
Back to top Go down
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012    Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 1:14 pm

UncleKitchener wrote:
I did play Tag2 on a few occasions when Namco was having its Fight Club events in London.

Oh, I was at the Fight Club in london aswell. But I was mainly playing Soul Calibur 5 there.
Back to top Go down
UncleKitchener

UncleKitchener

PostSubject: Re: Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012    Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012  EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 2:32 pm

So, how many people are planning on going to the Bradford event? I already have a room and ticked booked and Rev did say he's going, but I want to know how many actual doa players are gonna be there. I mean, if you want to show that you still care, then at least do try and show up this once. I know train fares are getting more expensive, but do let everybody know if you're coming or not.

Hurricane Rev wrote:
UncleKitchener wrote:

Oh, I was at the Fight Club in london aswell. But I was mainly playing Soul Calibur 5 there.

You know, I think I probably did see you there on the screen actually. Were you playing Maxi?
Back to top Go down
Nitro

Nitro

PostSubject: Re: Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012    Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012  EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 1:20 am

I'm definitely going to be at yorkshire carnage one way or the other, really looking forward to seeing you guys there Very Happy

And I totally agree with you, players need to make an effort to travel and encourage the developers and organizers to do a better job in the future.
besides, I dont think there have been many doa4 tournaments of this scale in UK before, even though it will be a free tourny to enter and very few people play DOA games seriously enough anyways
Back to top Go down
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012    Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012  EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 12:09 pm

UncleKitchener wrote:
So, how many people are planning on going to the Bradford event? I already have a room and ticked booked and Rev did say he's going, but I want to know how many actual doa players are gonna be there. I mean, if you want to show that you still care, then at least do try and show up this once. I know train fares are getting more expensive, but do let everybody know if you're coming or not.

I spoke to Sarah Lou today and she said she will be at Yorkshire Carnage!!! She is also bringing her sister with her to the event aswell Very Happy. The event needs more exposure to be honest.

Hurricane Rev wrote:
UncleKitchener wrote:

You know, I think I probably did see you there on the screen actually. Were you playing Maxi?[/quote]

Nope, I was playing with Pyrrha. I wanted to be on the screen but I wasn't around when they were doing the sign ups for the tournament on screen.
Back to top Go down
UncleKitchener

UncleKitchener

PostSubject: Re: Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012    Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012  EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 1:36 pm

Hurricane Rev wrote:
I spoke to Sarah Lou today and she said she will be at Yorkshire Carnage!!! She is also bringing her sister with her to the event aswell Very Happy. The event needs more exposure to be honest.

Nope, I was playing with Pyrrha. I wanted to be on the screen but I wasn't around when they were doing the sign ups for the tournament on screen.

As long as more people show up to play, the better. Not sure how many actual doa players are going to be there, but I'm pretty sure most of them will be non-doa players.

Oh wait, now I remember you were playing on French builds (next to the SFXT machines). We even played a bit together. I was mostly messing around, so I think I was playing with all the characters.

By the way, do you want to start a thread for the weekly meet-up and the Yorkshire tourney or should I do it? The guys there do like my OPs, so I could come up with a flashy thread post. I know a few UK players there don't know about the event coming up. Let me know, dude.
Back to top Go down
Nitro

Nitro

PostSubject: Re: Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012    Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012  EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 11:14 pm

Hurricane Rev wrote:
That's fantastic news! Very Happy

I agree with UncleKitchener that most people entering the DOA4 tourny on the day will probably be casual players, but that's why its so important for the good/professional players to attend and enter so they can demonstrate what high level play is all about.

Wait until next week before posting about yorkshire carnage on other forums because changes are due to be made to the poster and the website
at the very least I know that blazblue cs2 will be replaced with cs2:ex, there might be more changes we dont know about yet Wink
Back to top Go down
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012    Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012  EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 10:11 am

UncleKitchener wrote:
As long as more people show up to play, the better. Not sure how many actual doa players are going to be there, but I'm pretty sure most of them will be non-doa players.

Oh wait, now I remember you were playing on French builds (next to the SFXT machines). We even played a bit together. I was mostly messing around, so I think I was playing with all the characters.

By the way, do you want to start a thread for the weekly meet-up and the Yorkshire tourney or should I do it? The guys there do like my OPs, so I could come up with a flashy thread post. I know a few UK players there don't know about the event coming up. Let me know, dude.

Yeah, there is no doubt that most of the players will be Casual or non DOA players. At least there will be some DOA players at the event though (Seriously, I can't wait for it now)

Ahh, I see.. I may actually remember playing against you at the event and Soul Calibur 5 set ups were next to the SFxT set ups.

As for my weekly session, You can post about my event on it. But instead of weekly, write Monthly meet up for now. I will be slightly busy in Jan/Feb and I won't have enough time to do it weekly I'm afriad Sad
Back to top Go down
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

PostSubject: Walthamstow Versus New London Weekly Event starts 9th Jan 2012    Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012  EmptyFri Dec 30, 2011 2:32 pm

Great news guys their is a good chance that i might be their for the event. Next week Tuesday is my flight to the UK so i hope to see guys their.
Back to top Go down
UncleKitchener

UncleKitchener

PostSubject: Re: Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012    Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012  EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 2:34 am

^^ Nice one.

@nitro & Rev: Okay then.
Back to top Go down
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

PostSubject: Walthamstow Versus New London Weekly Event starts 9th Jan 2012    Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012  EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 7:16 am

^^ Yeah i'm excited the last time i was in London was 2002 By a stroke of luck i competed in my first DOA tournament the last time i was their. Now i wont be in London intell Jan 9 since i'm going to Bradford first.
Back to top Go down
UncleKitchener

UncleKitchener

PostSubject: Re: Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012    Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012  EmptySat Dec 31, 2011 4:25 pm

The Yorkshire Carnage thread is up. Updates will be applied in case they actually change anything for the event.
Back to top Go down
Nitro

Nitro

PostSubject: Re: Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012    Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012  EmptyMon Jan 02, 2012 2:50 am

Looks like we might see a few more people from FSD in Bradford
I wonder how many people from FSD will be going to Rev's Walthamstow casual event in a few weeks time?

Sonicstormer wrote:
Now i wont be in London intell Jan 9 since i'm going to Bradford first.
How long will you be in Bradford and where will you be staying?
Since I live nearby anyways I could meet your or give you advice and stuffs, PM me Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012    Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012  Empty

Back to top Go down

Walthamstow Versus!!! New London Weekly Event Starts 9th Jan 2012
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next