Front Page  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  

Share | 
 

 Your thoughts on the DOA5 Hold System

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hurricane Rev
Admin
avatar

Posts : 874
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 24
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Your thoughts on the DOA5 Hold System   Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:58 am

I just want hear your opinions on this matter. Here are the following counter notations...

(Based on Standing on the left hand side)

High Hold: Icon_7 F
Middle Hold : Icon_left F
Low Hold : Icon_downleft F
Expert Middle Punch Hold : Icon_6 Icon_left F
Expert Middle Kick Hold : Icon_left Icon_6 F

For me, I kinda wanted to see some sort of parrying system just like the one from DOA1 in number 5. I believe that it didn't take off a lot of damage and it also kept the flow of the match running. But seeing how the parrying system is unlikely to come back, All I just want is the countering system not to take off alot of damage just for a counter and not make the counter spamable in the new game.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://deadoraliveeu.forummotion.com
LavanderGirl

avatar

Posts : 427
Join date : 2012-02-23
Age : 22
Location : with 'boyfriend'. ❤

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the DOA5 Hold System   Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:09 am

Hurricane Rev wrote:
All I just want is the countering system not to take off alot of damage just for a counter and not make the counter spamable in the new game.

This ----^
Well if the opponent was to spam with a move all the time, you'd most obviously counter them until they use a different move. Spamming a move again and again just makes the opponent very predictable. LOL. But the question here is, would the opponent actually be able to win just by spamming? Hope not in DOA5, as it would obviously be easy, and to me not that enjoyable at all.

I would get tired of seeing a move again repeatably. Oh yeah and about the counter system, their keeping the "hit effects" on the characters just so you know if the attack is low, middle or high. But I guess alot of you must have already known. But for the newbies hearing this, I'm sure it's useful.

PS: Rev, where did you get thous command icons? Would be nice if we could all use it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://lavandergirlviolet.tumblr.com/
Sonicstormer
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1072
Join date : 2011-12-03
Age : 24
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Your thoughts for Dead or Alive 5 hold system.    Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:31 am

LavanderGirl wrote:
Hurricane Rev wrote:
All I just want is the countering system not to take off alot of damage just for a counter and not make the counter spamable in the new game.

This ----^
Well if the opponent was to spam with a move all the time, you'd most obviously counter them until they use a different move. Spamming a move again and again just makes the opponent very predictable. LOL. But the question here is, would the opponent actually be able to win just by spamming? Hope not in DOA5, as it would obviously be easy, and to me not that enjoyable at all.

I would get tired of seeing a move again repeatably. Oh yeah and about the counter system, their keeping the "hit effects" on the characters just so you know if the attack is low, middle or high. But I guess alot of you must have already known. But for the newbies hearing this, I'm sure it's useful.

PS: Rev, where did you get thous command icons? Would be nice if we could all use it.

It all depends on the player certain times player knows what to do when people spam a move like Ryu's fireball attack. As for the hold system i like to see DOA3.1 system the counter it's self was not that high like it was in 4 and DOAD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
o Arnell Long 0

avatar

Posts : 67
Join date : 2012-02-27
Age : 31
Location : Houston Texas

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the DOA5 Hold System   Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:34 pm

Take away Counters while in a Critical Stun, make the time spent in Critical Stun shorter, make the neutral Counter Windows smaller, and adjust the Health to fit that formula...

We of course want DOA5 to turn out to be Tournament viable and previous said system changes to come into effect, but whether or not our voices are heard, I'll still be pickin' this bad boy up for the simple love I have for the series.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hurricane Rev
Admin
avatar

Posts : 874
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 24
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the DOA5 Hold System   Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:33 am

For you not to counter while in critical stun is good but I think you should get atleast 1 chance to counter that person's move, if you missed that 1 chance and you are still in critical stun, then you shouldn't be allowed to counter anymore. The Critical stuns should become shorter and health system should be like the DOA3 one or DOA2U one.

And we do want DOA5 to be Tournament viable and we really do want the best for it. I think the last thing that we want is the game not to do that well. I love the series and I will push as far as I can go with it.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://deadoraliveeu.forummotion.com
o Arnell Long 0

avatar

Posts : 67
Join date : 2012-02-27
Age : 31
Location : Houston Texas

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the DOA5 Hold System   Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:50 am

Hurricane Rev wrote:
For you not to counter while in critical stun is good but I think you should get atleast 1 chance to counter that person's move, if you missed that 1 chance and you are still in critical stun, then you shouldn't be allowed to counter anymore. The Critical stuns should become shorter and health system should be like the DOA3 one or DOA2U one.

And we do want DOA5 to be Tournament viable and we really do want the best for it. I think the last thing that we want is the game not to do that well. I love the series and I will push as far as I can go with it.


I also said that option on another DOA Forum so I definitely agree with that as well, actually, that would be more fair to the player in general, it's like they get 1 more chance to fix their mistake before getting punished.

However it turns out, I also hope DOA5 does well before I don't want to go another 8 yrs without a DOA.

Lol, I know I'm jumping the gun here but judging from the early quality of DOA5's characters, I can't wait to see DOAX3...!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hurricane Rev
Admin
avatar

Posts : 874
Join date : 2011-11-08
Age : 24
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the DOA5 Hold System   Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:24 am

o Arnell Long 0 wrote:
I also said that option on another DOA Forum so I definitely agree with that as well, actually, that would be more fair to the player in general, it's like they get 1 more chance to fix their mistake before getting punished.

However it turns out, I also hope DOA5 does well before I don't want to go another 8 yrs without a DOA.

Lol, I know I'm jumping the gun here but judging from the early quality of DOA5's characters, I can't wait to see DOAX3...!

Yeah, I believe that it would be fairer and I've been thinking that a while ago. I really do hope they do something like that in DOA5. Whether DOA5 will turn out good or bad, I will definitely be sticking to it and supporting. That is how much I love the series!!

lool Now If DOAX3 has got the same graphics as DOA5, then I may have to think about buying the game if the game does actually come out lool

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://deadoraliveeu.forummotion.com
ScoobyDoobs



Posts : 25
Join date : 2012-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the DOA5 Hold System   Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:21 am

hello people what u think of the missing mid kick fward counter?i thought it was easy to spam the mid counter in doa3 Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
o Arnell Long 0

avatar

Posts : 67
Join date : 2012-02-27
Age : 31
Location : Houston Texas

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the DOA5 Hold System   Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:34 am

ScoobyDoobs wrote:
hello people what u think of the missing mid kick fward counter?i thought it was easy to spam the mid counter in doa3 Smile


Um I like the "guaranteed" damage more than what we had once before. Of course we could get creative with the options we had before but what we have here is definitely something I think works best. No more spamming, much more skill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thunderninja02

avatar

Posts : 1578
Join date : 2012-03-19
Age : 24
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the DOA5 Hold System   Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:41 am

i think the counter system is okay,



doubt many people will use the expert holds,

but hey-ho
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://twitter.com/#!/Thunderninja02
SeraphimJester

avatar

Posts : 10
Join date : 2012-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the DOA5 Hold System   Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:34 am

To be honest I thought that there was absolutely nothing wrong with having the four-point holds. Nonetheless it's nice to see that Team Ninja are reintroducing the 3 point holds again, since it was much easier to input.

I only think the four point holds should apply to Lei Fang, Bayman, and Kasumi who in DOA3 seemed to be the only characters to have extra holds, where button inputs were the same as the expert holds in DOA5.

Apart from that, expert holds seem fairly unnecessary, and they do not look as if they had much damage.

From my perspective, players are better off doing normal holds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thunderninja02

avatar

Posts : 1578
Join date : 2012-03-19
Age : 24
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the DOA5 Hold System   Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:46 am

agreed with jester here actually,

if you know someone will spam counters,

THEn THROW THEM
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://twitter.com/#!/Thunderninja02
AngryWorm

avatar

Posts : 131
Join date : 2012-04-14
Age : 28
Location : Hitomi's Dojo, Kitana's Kingdom of Fans

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the DOA5 Hold System   Fri May 11, 2012 2:12 am

Honestly, I personally find that the risk for doing an advanced hold isn't worth the reward. That said I'm sure at high level play, where that little bit of damage could be the deciding factor, advanced holds will be used.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/AngryWorm
AngryWorm

avatar

Posts : 131
Join date : 2012-04-14
Age : 28
Location : Hitomi's Dojo, Kitana's Kingdom of Fans

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the DOA5 Hold System   Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:21 am

DOA5 has reverted back to the 4 point counter system.

My response?

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/AngryWorm
Thunderninja02

avatar

Posts : 1578
Join date : 2012-03-19
Age : 24
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the DOA5 Hold System   Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:57 am

i dont mind, give some character better chance to launch,

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://twitter.com/#!/Thunderninja02
NightAntilli



Posts : 8
Join date : 2012-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the DOA5 Hold System   Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:42 am

@AngryWorm: Yeah that alone has doubled my excitement for this game. I really disliked the 3-point system in DOAD and in the DOA5 alpha demo... Too bad we can't get a copy of the E3 build =(
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thunderninja02

avatar

Posts : 1578
Join date : 2012-03-19
Age : 24
Location : England

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the DOA5 Hold System   Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:56 am

that does suck, would have been good to see the difference for yourself
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://twitter.com/#!/Thunderninja02
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts on the DOA5 Hold System   

Back to top Go down
 
Your thoughts on the DOA5 Hold System
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Thoughts on Difficulty
» Thoughts on Blood Angels list.
» Pre-WotLK System Requirements
» Tau Smart Missile System
» SYSTEM-OF-A-DOWN app

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Dead Or Alive 5 :: General Discussions-
Jump to: