Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  

The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread

Go down 
+22
I'm a Fighter
Zmiius
KwonJigglypuff
Kiori
WonderlandSyndrome
WydrA
Snuggles
LondonLust
Thunderninja02
AyaneHaneHAAAAAAAAA
UncleKitchener
Chris the Ninja
Shaera-chan
Kasumi
Leifang12
chako33
dezeray112
Nitro
LavanderGirl
Sonicstormer
o Arnell Long 0
Hurricane Rev
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
LavanderGirl

LavanderGirl

The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 7:41 am

Thunderninja02 wrote:
not happy with this possible 2-3 vf characters,

i mean bungie (halo) only put one character in(Nicole), and got hayabusa style armour in halo 3. GOO AWAY VF, 1 character please,

i would prefer akira and momiji

I agree there Thunder, but the thing is that Team Ninja may be thinking is that, if they add a few Virtual Fighter characters to the DOA cast, then it'll look probably pretty "equal". You see if they were to add a few Virtual fighter characters to the DOA5 rooster then the players would have a chance to try a few of those characters. I guess they want to try something different this time instead of putting in maybe 1 or 2 guest/secret characters.

If they do end up adding them, then I guess you can see what I'm coming from here. I mean if you got the game, and you didn't like the characters there then simply don't play them.

I know that on DOA4 they added Nicole (new guest character) and that Bungie then created the Ryu Hayabusa armor on Halo 4 but that was because of an agreement between Team Ninja and Bungie. It's sort of like a gift to one another. Speaking of that, maybe the Virtual Fighter company will add something DOA like, it happened in DOA4. Maybe, it may be possible.

I agree 100% on your last sentence though, I would prefer only Akira and Momiji in the cast as that would be great, but DOA has already got sooo many ninja's though. I'd ❤️ to play her and see what it's like, and how it feels. But... that probably won't happen at all as well. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://lavandergirlviolet.tumblr.com/
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 7:50 am

momiji isnt regarded as a ninja, she a shrine maiden, but hey-ho

i get your point... maybe it will help, but i was just expressing an opinon =P

anyone got anymore news on this show called trailer that is supposed to be here this week
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/Thunderninja02
LondonLust

LondonLust

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 7:54 am

YESH CHRISTIE! Too bad I have to wait 3 long, hot summer months to play her though Sad

Hitomi will do for now.
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 7:56 am

LondonLust wrote:
YESH CHRISTIE! Too bad I have to wait 3 long, hot summer months to play her though The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 6 1371890812

Hitomi will do for now.

you mean christie will wait 3 long hot summer months till you play with her =P

how you liking the demo
Back to top Go down
LavanderGirl

LavanderGirl

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 7:59 am

Thunderninja02 wrote:
LondonLust wrote:
YESH CHRISTIE! Too bad I have to wait 3 long, hot summer months to play her though The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 6 1371890812

Hitomi will do for now.

you mean christie will wait 3 long hot summer months till you play with her =P

how you liking the demo

Okay you two, reading what I just read. It's funny. It really is. Haahaa. rofl
It's been a while since I laughed at a funny post like this. But we all have to wait many months to play the characters that we love.
I can wait, I'm sure you can too London. Thumbsup

Thunderninja02 wrote:
momiji isnt regarded as a ninja, she a shrine maiden, but hey-ho

i get your point... maybe it will help, but i was just expressing an opinon =P

anyone got anymore news on this show called trailer that is supposed to be here this week

Oh yeah, she is. I even checked the Ninja Gaiden wiki and it's confirmed that she is a Shrine Maiden. xD

But isn't she still regarded like a Ninja? Surly she does. I mean, she fights like one and is part of one of the clans. Surprised
I know you that you were expressing an opinion, I was just pointing out a couple of things, and explaining for you, about the added characters.
I haven't heard of any news at the moment at all.

Last edited by LavanderGirl on Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:02 am

well, #

you know me and london, allways joking

sucks having too wait.

do you reckon we will see a new stage soon ??
Back to top Go down
LavanderGirl

LavanderGirl

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:09 am

Thunderninja02 wrote:
well, #

you know me and london, allways joking

sucks having too wait.

do you reckon we will see a new stage soon ??

Well.. since this is a DOA5 topic discussion, and that it won't be off topic (I hope) then I am very positive that we may see some new stages on DOA5. Pretty sure that we won't just have one stage unlocked and having to battle on that stage again and again at all. Unless if the demo is like that, then we'd have no choice at all. Do we? That does sound boring though, having just one stage on a demo. We might have probably 3 stages at most already unlocked, but that's just my guess. bleh
Back to top Go down
Leifang12

Leifang12

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:15 am

I am glad that all characters return Very Happy But I miss Ein Crying or Very sad I like to play him more then Hayate Evil or Very Mad And I think its dissapointing if there's only 2 new characters and 3 guest characters! I would rather have more new characters and less guest characters!

But if this is real, my fav. Pai is in the game Very Happy And that is awesome Very Happy And Sarah is cool too Very Happy

But I hope that we will see more new characters. I want Aikido, Krav Maga, Boxing, Capoeira and Taekwondo and a style like Lili from Tekken Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:20 am

same here leifang12

i reckon rig will be early 30's

and the new girl mila will be 18-25, like most the girls
Back to top Go down
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:11 am

I really do hope that isn't the final character roster. I STILL want to see a female tae kron do character in the game. It would suck if there was 3 guest characters from VF and 2 brand new characters in the game. I was hoping to see atleast 3-4 new characters in the game. If this is true, I will be slightly disappointed, unless it is a tae kron do character.
Back to top Go down
https://deadoraliveeu.forummotion.com
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:38 am

same rev, same man

@LAV, momiji fights like a ninja because she is hayabusa's, shall we say student, but she has her own move set, SO TEAM NINJA< PLEASE ADD IN MOMIJI
Back to top Go down
LondonLust

LondonLust

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:50 am

I wish sidestepping was more practical.
Back to top Go down
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

PostSubject: The official Dead or Alive 5 thread    The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:18 pm

Thunderninja02 wrote:
not happy with this possible 2-3 vf characters,

i mean bungie (halo) only put one character in(Nicole), and got hayabusa style armour in halo 3. GOO AWAY VF, 1 character please,

i would prefer akira and momiji

I know what you mean man 3 VF characters is way to much i sure hope we get Momiji
Back to top Go down
Leifang12

Leifang12

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 6:52 pm

I have not played the demo yet, but this is what I think will happen. why don't we have normal sidestepping by clicking up or down and holding it in for normal walking sidestepping like DOA3.1 and also have sidedash'es by clicking up•up or down•down instead of up or down and then a trigger butten ??? Suspect
Back to top Go down
o Arnell Long 0

o Arnell Long 0

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 7:16 pm

Leifang12 wrote:
I have not played the demo yet, but this is what I think will happen. why don't we have normal sidestepping by clicking up or down and holding it in for normal walking sidestepping like DOA3.1 and also have sidedash'es by clicking up•up or down•down instead of up or down and then a trigger butten ??? Suspect

DOA5 does have a traditional side-step...and the the up•up or down•down is for the quick step ala Virtua Fighter. Then with that quick step you can attack with either a punch and or kick. From my 100 or so matches of the DOA5 demo I can safely say that feature alone kills anything DOA4 has. So I'm agreeing with the majority on the importance of that addition.
Back to top Go down
Leifang12

Leifang12

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:36 pm

o Arnell Long 0 wrote:
Leifang12 wrote:

DOA5 does have a traditional side-step...and the the up•up or down•down is for the quick step ala Virtua Fighter. Then with that quick step you can attack with either a punch and or kick. From my 100 or so matches of the DOA5
demo I can safely say that feature alone kills anything DOA4 has. So I'm agreeing with the majority on the importance of that addition.

So you don't have to click a trigger butten when you want to do quick sidesteps? Very Happy then I am more calm!!! I cannot wait to play it later today!
Back to top Go down
o Arnell Long 0

o Arnell Long 0

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:50 pm

Leifang12 wrote:
o Arnell Long 0 wrote:
Leifang12 wrote:

DOA5 does have a traditional side-step...and the the up•up or down•down is for the quick step ala Virtua Fighter. Then with that quick step you can attack with either a punch and or kick. From my 100 or so matches of the DOA5
demo I can safely say that feature alone kills anything DOA4 has. So I'm agreeing with the majority on the importance of that addition.

So you don't have to click a trigger butten when you want to do quick sidesteps? Very Happy then I am more calm!!! I cannot wait to play it later today!

No no, sorry I wasn't clear, you DO HAVE to press the trigger for the quick steps just like you do in Virtua Fighter, but to do a typical side-step you just do it as you normally would in any other 3D fighter. Trust me, when I first heard of the idea I was half n half about it, but after playing DOA5 I wouldn't like it any other way, lol, it fits it so beautifully!
Back to top Go down
Leifang12

Leifang12

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 9:09 pm

o Arnell Long 0 wrote:
Leifang12 wrote:
o Arnell Long 0 wrote:
Leifang12 wrote:

No no, sorry I wasn't clear, you DO HAVE to press the trigger for the quick steps just like you do in Virtua Fighter, but to do a typical side-step you just do it as you normally would in any other 3D fighter. Trust me, when I first heard of the idea I was half n half about it, but after playing DOA5 I wouldn't like it any other way, lol, it fits it so beautifully!

Ok, guess I have to try it first before commenting it Smile does it seem more competitive friendly and do you like the changes? And is it more balanced? Smile
Back to top Go down
o Arnell Long 0

o Arnell Long 0

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 9:36 pm

It's most definitely more competitive and I felt the overall system was even more balanced. The game doesn't have a 4 point counter system anymore, it has a 3 point counter system like DOA3, where "Back Hold" counters kicks and punches so Characters now have "Advanced Counter Holds" which you already know, like Hitomi's normal kick counter is an entire new counter but it you do her advance counter hold which is "back, forward counter-hold" she does her old kick launcher where you can then combo off of.

Like Hayabusa has advanced holds that are like Bayman's cause now Ryu can no longer do an Izuna drop off a a normal punch counter unless he does an advance punch counter-hold, so that's good to hear. I don't have the Ayane and Hayate but from what I hear and see, this DOA is sure to be the best one yet because I see they're taking the best aspects from each DOA game and putting them into DOA5! Lol, you know when you're having a blast after the 30th match has gone by and you felt like it was only 10.

Side-note, I love how the Computer gets harder and harder after each match. The only way the Computer will go back to easy is when you quit out and go back to the Menu, but other than that, you're in for some pretty fun matches indeed....I LOVE DOA!!!
Back to top Go down
Leifang12

Leifang12

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 9:50 pm

o Arnell Long 0 wrote:
It's most definitely more competitive and I felt the overall system was even more balanced. The game doesn't have a 4 point counter system anymore, it has a 3 point counter system like DOA3, where "Back Hold" counters kicks and punches so Characters now have "Advanced Counter Holds" which you already know, like Hitomi's normal kick counter is an entire new counter but it you do her advance counter hold which is "back, forward counter-hold" she does her old kick launcher where you can then combo off of.

Like Hayabusa has advanced holds that are like Bayman's cause now Ryu can no longer do an Izuna drop off a a normal punch counter unless he does an advance punch counter-hold, so that's good to hear. I don't have the Ayane and Hayate but from what I hear and see, this DOA is sure to be the best one yet because I see they're taking the best aspects from each DOA game and putting them into DOA5! Lol, you know when you're having a blast after the 30th match has gone by and you felt like it was only 10.

Side-note, I love how the Computer gets harder and harder after each match. The only way the Computer will go back to easy is when you quit out and go back to the Menu, but other than that, you're in for some pretty fun matches indeed....I LOVE DOA!!!

That makes me really happy to hear!!!! 3 point hold system could get a little annoying when playing as Leifang, but hopefully Lei will get some more heigh launchers in DOA5 Smile

Love te idea that Izunas now are advanced holds!!!!!! Yay cannot wait to try it out!!! Really want this game to do great!!! Really awesome that the AU gets harder!! I was worrying it would be to easy Very Happy so glad to hear! ;D 4 hours to go before I'll have my hands on it!!!
Back to top Go down
chako33

chako33

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 9:55 pm

The more I read about the game & the demo, the less patient I am about the release!

Sounds like DOA is back! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leifang12

Leifang12

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 10:01 pm

chako33 wrote:
The more I read about the game & the demo, the less patient I am about the release!

Sounds like DOA is back! Very Happy

Yeah baby !!!!!! Very Happy DOA5 FTW!!! Fighting game of the year!!!!
Back to top Go down
Snuggles

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 10:17 pm

Played the demo for several hours yesterday and I have to say I love it!

There are a few small things I might have liked differently but the improvements, in my opinion, are so huge that I don't care about anything else. This game flows in a way DOA4 never did and is so responsive! I love that there are fewer stuns than DOA4 and am really enjoying trying out some of the characters new moves.

I don't normally like to play as Ayane but she is great. I'm lucky because Hayate is my main and Hitomi is my second charactor so I've got them both Smile Ryu is looking smooth and I feel that the change to the Izuna drop is a good thing.

My boyfriend and I play together so we are getting a really good go at this demo and are able to point out differences to each other in the characters and the game.

The worst thing about this demo is that it makes me LONG FOR SEPTEMBER!!!!! I can't wait to get my hands on the real thing! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.senbreeze.co.uk
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:16 pm

The game can definitely be taking seriously and it does feel more balance. Although, the ninjas might be a little bit better because they are ninjas lool. But I am really glad to hear that Hayabusa can no longer to a normal counter that will leads to Izuna Drop. I love the fact that you can cancel out of the PowerBlow by SideSteping.

I am very surprise on how good the alpha demo is. It is actually amazing and I am loving it so far. But I just hope that there will be some new characters in the game. Having 3 guest characters from VF and 2 Brand new characters is kinda disappointing. I just hope the characters are more appealing in this game than previous DOA games.
Back to top Go down
https://deadoraliveeu.forummotion.com
Snuggles

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:26 pm

I can see I'm going to really annoy people with Hayate's new down kick. It ducks high attacks and can interrupt combos
Back to top Go down
http://www.senbreeze.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next