Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  

The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread

Go down 
+22
I'm a Fighter
Zmiius
KwonJigglypuff
Kiori
WonderlandSyndrome
WydrA
Snuggles
LondonLust
Thunderninja02
AyaneHaneHAAAAAAAAA
UncleKitchener
Chris the Ninja
Shaera-chan
Kasumi
Leifang12
chako33
dezeray112
Nitro
LavanderGirl
Sonicstormer
o Arnell Long 0
Hurricane Rev
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: The official Dead or ALive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 29 EmptySat May 05, 2012 2:06 am

I really hope they have a different DOA5 demo at the london expo/E3 that way we can see some of the changes that TN has made.
Back to top Go down
AngryWorm

AngryWorm

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 29 EmptySat May 05, 2012 2:17 am

A lot of this discussion is dated. Nothing really has been discovered since like, a week after the Alpha's come out. It's sort of beating a dead horse at this point. I haven't read much of what FSD community has to say about it, but I'm sure they've found some cool and very insightful stuff out about the game.

I'd like to think they have an updated version at E3. Wait and see I guess.

Ultimately I doubt I get much further than the Alpha though. For the right or wrong reasons I'm not sure I will be picking up DOA5 at launch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AngryWorm
UncleKitchener

UncleKitchener

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 29 EmptySat May 05, 2012 4:07 am

AngryWorm wrote:

- I straight up don't think DOA5 will be taken seriously by anyone who isn't already in the DOA Community at this point. Prove me wrong Team Ninja (lol).

This is pretty much how I feel about the whole thing right now.
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 29 EmptySat May 05, 2012 4:19 am

i just hope they can prove themselves over the next 4 months
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/Thunderninja02
AngryWorm

AngryWorm

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 29 EmptySat May 05, 2012 5:13 am

UncleKitchener wrote:
AngryWorm wrote:

- I straight up don't think DOA5 will be taken seriously by anyone who isn't already in the DOA Community at this point. Prove me wrong Team Ninja (lol).

This is pretty much how I feel about the whole thing right now.

Thank you. Smile

Thunderninja02 wrote:
i just hope they can prove themselves over the next 4 months

I haven't been impressed with a DOA game since Ultimate.
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 29 EmptySat May 05, 2012 5:15 am

yeah,

we can tell =P,

joking aside,

TN STEP UP YOUR GAME, (PUN INTENTED =P)
Back to top Go down
Leifang12

Leifang12

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 29 EmptySat May 05, 2012 5:58 am

The last DOA game i liked was DOAD. i thought it was alot better then DOA4, but still had a long way to go before it can match the greatness of DOA2U and DOA3. Actually release DOA5 with DOA3 gameplay and I'll be happy! Razz haha

I still hope that this feedback from fans is giving them info on what needs to be addressed before te release! But no matter what I'll be getting the game on day one!
Back to top Go down
AngryWorm

AngryWorm

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 29 EmptySat May 05, 2012 5:59 am

Leifang12 wrote:
The last DOA game i liked was DOAD. i thought it was alot better then DOA4, but still had a long way to go before it can match the greatness of DOA2U and DOA3. Actually release DOA5 with DOA3 gameplay and I'll be happy! Razz haha

I still hope that this feedback from fans is giving them info on what needs to be addressed before te release! But no matter what I'll be getting the game on day one!

Hitomi must beat Ayane in a trailer or I will be a one man riot. lol.
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 29 EmptySat May 05, 2012 7:37 am

do you know what,

THEY BETTER SHOW SOMETHING NEW VERY SOOON
Back to top Go down
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

PostSubject: The official Dead or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 29 EmptySat May 05, 2012 9:11 am

@Angryworm if they show a character trailer at E3 than it could happen. London expo is in 3 weeks so will get something really soon.
Back to top Go down
Leifang12

Leifang12

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 29 EmptySat May 05, 2012 10:38 am

Sonicstormer wrote:
@Angryworm if they show a character trailer at E3 than it could happen. London expo is in 3 weeks so will get something really soon.

Hope they show something new aswell!!!! Please show my lovely Leifang!!!! Or a trailer showing all returning characters!!! Smile

The demo be the NG3 version Sad so no new characters playable yet Sad
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 29 EmptySat May 05, 2012 10:55 am

ohhhh

well, at least we should seeing more

stuff soon
Back to top Go down
LondonLust

LondonLust

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 29 EmptySat May 05, 2012 1:02 pm

It looks like DOA5 isn't going to be competitive now that we know that you can hold in stun. Damn, I should've seen this coming Sad
Back to top Go down
Leifang12

Leifang12

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 29 EmptySat May 05, 2012 1:47 pm

LondonLust wrote:
It looks like DOA5 isn't going to be competitive now that we know that you can hold in stun. Damn, I should've seen this coming Sad

Aren't u overreacting a little Suspect ! One thing and the game is shit and not worthy of having tournaments for!

And why is it important that u shouldn't be able to counter hold in stun? You have been able to do that in both 2 and 3 and there was offline competitive tournaments in both games? Suspect
I really want a good and deep explanation why removing counters in stuns is a good idea! If you stun someone and you know they are going to counter, you can just do a throw! I don't really see the problem! My problem with counters is they are to easy to pull off. It should have been 4 way instead of 3 way because then the attacks mix up possibilities are greater. They also need to lower the active frames for counters and the damage needs to be even more lowered!

I also think that the damage output for combos and attacks overall could be lowered. Especially when you hitting someone in air state needs to take less damage. Also the dash/sidestepping needs to be improved because it wasn't good enough in the pre alpha demo! Also the advanced kick counter holds for Ayane in 5 needs to be improved! Aswell for Leifangs old mid kick holds, against the wall back throw and parry's needs to give an REAL advantage!!!!
Things I do like however is that u get air state when hitting opponent into a wall! Makes u incorporate walls into your battle plan! The gameplay is fun and addictive and there not as many stuns as in DOA4!
Back to top Go down
LondonLust

LondonLust

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 29 EmptySat May 05, 2012 4:06 pm

Don't ask me! Ask all the high level players who are giving up on the game.
Back to top Go down
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 29 EmptySun May 06, 2012 12:13 am

DOA5 will be a competitive game IMO. It doesn't really matter what other people say about the game.
Back to top Go down
https://deadoraliveeu.forummotion.com
Leifang12

Leifang12

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 29 EmptySun May 06, 2012 1:52 am

LondonLust wrote:
Don't ask me! Ask all the high level players who are giving up on the game.

Hmm maybe. I wish I could try playing DOA without counters in stun so I could really see how it affects the gameplay and balance! But as of now I don't think it would solve the counters problem!

I also think that DOA5 will be played competitively Razz I really wanna try winning an official offline tournament Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

PostSubject: The official dead or alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 29 EmptySun May 06, 2012 4:25 am

I think DOA5 will be a competitive fighter theirs going to be a tournament at London expo and they might have one at TGS. Only time will tell if it gets into Evo.
Back to top Go down
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 29 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 1:32 am

DOA5 should really be at Evo next year, if the US community support the game properly.
Back to top Go down
https://deadoraliveeu.forummotion.com
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 29 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 4:23 am

i dont see what the problem is,

if people dunn like what they do with the game then

dont play it
Back to top Go down
Leifang12

Leifang12

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 29 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 6:45 am

Thunderninja02 wrote:

dont play it

Wise words my friend Smile
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 29 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 7:03 am

Leifang12 wrote:
Thunderninja02 wrote:

dont play it

Wise words my friend Smile
Thank you,
i aim to help =P
Back to top Go down
WonderlandSyndrome

WonderlandSyndrome

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 29 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:55 pm

Thunderninja02 wrote:

dont play it

I wish everyone thought a little like that. I got into a small argument with a girl on the DOAWiki Facebook, because she was bashing what they were doing to DOA5, but she was still going to buy it because she was a "true fan" and didn't want that gap in her collection. I tried to say that fans don't have to put up with bad stuff, and not buying would send a stronger message to TK then buying it then bashing it, because then they still have made money on it. She didn't see my POV :/
Back to top Go down
http://deadoralive.wikia.com/
WonderlandSyndrome

WonderlandSyndrome

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 29 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 9:06 pm

Oh, Master has put up a breakdown video of the Bayman vs. Christie trailer (about 12 min.)

And there is also this: "Fighting Games Symposium - Yosuke Hayashi"
Back to top Go down
http://deadoralive.wikia.com/
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

PostSubject: The official Dead or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 29 EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:29 pm

overall a very interesting read. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next