Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  

The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread

Go down 
+22
I'm a Fighter
Zmiius
KwonJigglypuff
Kiori
WonderlandSyndrome
WydrA
Snuggles
LondonLust
Thunderninja02
AyaneHaneHAAAAAAAAA
UncleKitchener
Chris the Ninja
Shaera-chan
Kasumi
Leifang12
chako33
dezeray112
Nitro
LavanderGirl
Sonicstormer
o Arnell Long 0
Hurricane Rev
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 10:16 am

Yeah, I would rather see lei fang than Jann "bird voice" Lee to be honest. I am really REALLLY want to see Mila. That could be my girl drunken
Back to top Go down
https://deadoraliveeu.forummotion.com
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

PostSubject: the official Dead or Alive 5 thread    The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 12:25 pm

Leifang12 wrote:
Sonicstormer wrote:
i can see a CGI character trailer like they did for DOA3

Like this trailer or which one then do you mean?

this is the one i'm talking about

Back to top Go down
Leifang12

Leifang12

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 13 EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 1:58 pm

Sonicstormer wrote:
Leifang12 wrote:
Sonicstormer wrote:
i can see a CGI character trailer like they did for DOA3

Like this trailer or which one then do you mean?

this is the one i'm talking about

But that's not a DOA3 trailer, that's the DOA3 intro movie xD
Back to top Go down
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

PostSubject: The official dead or alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 13 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 1:28 am

^^ sorry about that but yeah if the next doa5 trailer is like the those types of videos it would awesome
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 13 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 2:30 am

doa5 needs a trailer like that,

with more characters too
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/Thunderninja02
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

PostSubject: The official dead or alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 13 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 6:26 am

^^ TN can probably add all of the characters in one cgi trailer
Back to top Go down
KwonJigglypuff

KwonJigglypuff

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 13 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 6:49 am

I have a stupid question which will certainly lead to a stupid answer, but : does anyone here have the possibility to get any exclusive information about future news, thanks to a friend contact who work at Tecmo or any exclusive hidden family member who knows a guy who works as a janitor at Tecmo or anything ? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

PostSubject: The official dead or alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 13 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 9:04 am

Well you might have to shoot chin an email
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 13 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 10:26 am

it would be amazing if we had someone on the inside =P
Back to top Go down
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 1:51 am

Earlier today, Yohei Shimbori was telling us a bit about himself on Team Ninja's Twitter page and he told us how he began on working for Team Ninja.......

Quote :
OK, I'm going to change things up and tell you all a little about myself. I'll fill you in on why I make fighting games and how I got here. I love fighting games. I won a tournament of a certain well-known fighting game. I even held tournaments of my own while I was a student. I wanted to make an online fighting game, so I studied IT and some basic programming in college and when I started working. That led to me getting into Tecmo, and I got the chance to work on an online fighter with DOA Ultimate. I was mostly just a tester, and I only got in on the project after it was underway, but I was soooo happy. It was so awesome to finally make a fighting game. Then after DOA Ultimate, development on DOA4 began. To be continued...

Director Yohei Shimbori, of course!

Source: https://twitter.com/#!/TeamNINJAStudio
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 5:33 am

okay.....

we wannna know more on DOA5 not its director Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

PostSubject: The official dead or alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 13 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 7:01 am

Very interesting read
Back to top Go down
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 5:14 am

Now, here is the second part of Yohei Shimbori story on how he worked on DOA4 and he talks about things that didn't quite make it into DOA4.....

Quote :
DOA4 was really the first time I got to work on the fighting system. I learned so much on that project. Back then, my bosses and I knew online fighting was hot, and we were all trying to make the funnest fighting game in the world. I put everything I had into the project and proposed new systems and moves. Some were used, but a lot got cut. I still have some of the documents from the time. Here are a few of my ideas that made it in: bounce combos, critical launch height change, and ground strikes. I was able to influence a lot of the changes in the strike system in DOA4. While those changes worked out, there were some aspects that weren't so fun. Things like overreliance on strikes, too many criticals, and fewer comebacks from forced techrolls. I'm put those experiences and lessons to use in DOA5 and proposed a concept that was even more fun. An early version is there in the alpha demo. It's not complete, but I hope you get a taste of what's in store. I'll talk more about tuning that system when I have a little more time. Later!

Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 7:12 am

i guess it makes sense

sooo, now what
Back to top Go down
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

PostSubject: The official dead or alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 7:17 am

Taking his past experience and using it for this game smart idea.
Back to top Go down
Leifang12

Leifang12

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 11:21 pm

Some news from Twitter Very Happy it seems like Shimbori and TN are balancing the characters on the basis of their nature, fighting style, and theme! So that means that characters are either more defensive or offensive in their movement Smile

Go read their twitter Very Happy really awesome read!
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 13 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 11:39 pm

umm, you mean these ones ??

TeamNINJAStudio [D-YS] And when this is finally done for all characters, it gonna be awesome! (OK, that's all for today...) #DOA5
30 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

TeamNINJAStudio [D-YS] Deciding a theme for each one, then adding and balancing based on that theme. #DOA5
31 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

TeamNINJAStudio [D-YS] So this is the kind of thinking I'm applying the characters. #DOA5
32 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

TeamNINJAStudio [D-YS
Back to top Go down
Leifang12

Leifang12

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 12:20 am

Thunderninja02 wrote:
umm, you mean these ones ??

TeamNINJAStudio [D-YS] And when this is finally done for all characters, it gonna be awesome! (OK, that's all for today...) #DOA5
30 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

TeamNINJAStudio [D-YS] Deciding a theme for each one, then adding and balancing based on that theme. #DOA5
31 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

TeamNINJAStudio [D-YS] So this is the kind of thinking I'm applying the characters. #DOA5
32 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

TeamNINJAStudio [D-YS

There is more if you go to their Twitter Smile You've only
Posted the last bit of the whole thing Smile
Back to top Go down
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 1:01 am

Here's all the things that he wrote over on Team Ninja's twitter page..

Quote :
Advanced players might have already on the concept for the changes for DOA5, but allow me to explain it here today. The concept for the changes is "focus on individuality, focus on versus. So fights against other players should be a lot of fun. For DOA4, in order to keep character game balance, all of them use similar strategies for offense and defense. For DOA5, we're giving each character an individual style for offense and defense, without breaking game balance of course. For example, Hayabusa had his Izuna Otoshi (a.k.a. Izuna Drop) from both a throw and punch hold. But he also had a 10-frame P and a 8K with a 12-frame startup. That didn't sit well with his opponents (especially grapplers). In the Alpha Demo, we focused on the Izuna Otoshi, since that is his signature move. We made him a character who is good with throws and holds, and pulled his strikes back a little. We also make the player read the fight better in order to pull off Izunas from holds and strikes. That way, we can keep Izunas strong, without dropping their damage. And all of that means Hayabusa is a more interesting character because his strength depends on the player's skill itself. So this is the kind of thinking I'm applying the characters. Deciding a theme for each one, then adding and balancing based on that theme. And when this is finally done for all characters, it gonna be awesome! (OK, that's all for today...)
Back to top Go down
WydrA

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 1:03 am

Maybe this means Kokoro will actually have a strength in DOA 5.
And hopefully a storyline.
So far, she's been ravaged by TN, and I'd like to see them improve either her ranged gameplay, or improve her frames so she's a better close range fighter.
But I think the coolest thing they could do with her is expand upon the strikes into throw strings, but make the strings give her guaranteed advantage.
They also need to keep her combos as creative as they are. They did a good job there, she allows for creativity once the opponent is launched. The problem is launching your opponent without getting crushed -_-
that wasn't supposed to be so long, but hey, I get passionate about my heart <3
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 1:30 am

that makes full sense,
now my friends can equal me,
=P
Back to top Go down
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

PostSubject: The official dead or alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 3:03 am

So it looks like all of the characters are going to be Improved in some way interesting.
Back to top Go down
chako33

chako33

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 3:19 am

Maybe i'll give a try to Eliot Smile
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 3:53 am

LOL,

imma see if my helena can overtake ayane and become my sub-main,
Back to top Go down
Leifang12

Leifang12

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 13 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 4:29 am

I will always main Leifang, but my sub characters should be Kokoro and Ayane Very Happy learning Ayane now and I love playing as her!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread   The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

The official Dead Or Alive 5 thread
Page 13 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next