Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  

SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo

Go down 
+2
I'm a Fighter
WydrA
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WydrA

SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo Empty
PostSubject: SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo   SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 6:19 pm

I have nothing to say
I think everyone can see just how retarded this is.
Don't forget to (hate)comment, dislike, and unsubscribe Very Happy (Y)
Back to top Go down
I'm a Fighter

I'm a Fighter

PostSubject: Re: SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo   SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 7:02 pm

I couldn't even watch 5 minutes of it :/ lol
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo   SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 8:55 pm

turned it offf after 2-3 mins
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/Thunderninja02
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo   SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 12:44 am

That was really TERRIBLE!! And it is making the game look bad. Also, Why was this on the front page of SRK anyway?
Back to top Go down
https://deadoraliveeu.forummotion.com
I'm a Fighter

I'm a Fighter

PostSubject: Re: SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo   SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 1:10 am

They are just stupid i can't even stand them ... they only like the game for the fan service " Christie Tina " and others but i mean dead or alive is so much more than girls fighting it has a story behind it all and even tekken 6 had crap endings and i couldn't get into the scenario campaign but anyways thats just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
AngryWorm

AngryWorm

PostSubject: Re: SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo   SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 2:09 am

Welcome to how every other fighting game community see's DOA.

I don't care, I'll still enjoy it regardless, but yeah... it isn't exactly the most technical game ever. TN should either overhaul the system and make it competitive or just make it 'fighting entertainment' and drop the facade that it's a tournament level fighter. Obviously Mr. "I know one high level DOA player" and Bozo the Clown beside him don't acknowledge the average at best side stepping or...

Did they just not Hitomi's name?! Rant

*All credibility lost*

Still, this makes me worried about how well DOA5 is going to sell.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AngryWorm
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo   SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 10:31 am

the guy is a idiot,
clearly =P
Back to top Go down
WydrA

PostSubject: Re: SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo   SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 10:52 am

I think you mean BOTH guys are Idiots Razz
I hope TN sees or response to this, and the comments on the vid, because it'll show that we still have hope in them, and hopefully also drive them to make the game really technical and competitive.
Then we could shove the game down SRK's throat, all the way out their-
Uhhh, this is why (generally) I don't like the fighting game community :/
Back to top Go down
AngryWorm

AngryWorm

PostSubject: Re: SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo   SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 5:29 pm

The problem is, how do you make a game competitive when you always have a 33% chance to counter out of whatever your opponent is doing?

I'm playing devils advocate here of course, but how do you see that to a high level player from any other game?
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo   SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:34 am

WydrA wrote:
I think you mean BOTH guys are Idiots SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo 253468018
:/

oh yeah SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo 3696926579 silly meSRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo 3517531745

Agree with @angryworm here,

it makes sense, the counter system is just a 1/2 guessing game
Back to top Go down
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

PostSubject: SRK in depth look at dead or alive 5 pre alpha demo   SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 4:45 am

That video was pathetic I hope Doa5 gets fighting game of the year because the look on their faces will be priceless.
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo   SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 5:06 am

i hope it does 2 ,

just hope that more people see it how we see it
Back to top Go down
WydrA

PostSubject: Re: SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo   SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 4:44 pm

Oh, trust me, I know that the DOA system needs a lot of work ( ESPECIALLY on the counter system) before it gets to competitive level.
The first thing they need to do is scrap the whole "you can counter at any time except on the air or completely on the ground" idea.
But we won't get into all the details od what DOA needs to be a competitve fighter.
I would like to see DO Get to being this technical though:

and people say the Smash Bros. series isn't competitve
Stupid Scorpion uh... people...
Back to top Go down
AngryWorm

AngryWorm

PostSubject: Re: SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo   SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 12:18 am

My vendetta against Smash Brozki's has always been the random elements. Full heart restores, raising lava, unforgivable character advantage depending on the level in play, character balance, etc. I'm not sure how it works at competitive/high level play, if you turn off all that stuff it probably becomes significantly better. I just think that when you need to disable half the game in order for it to be competitive something feels off.
Back to top Go down
WydrA

PostSubject: Re: SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo   SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 3:23 am

AngryWorm wrote:
My vendetta against Smash Brozki's has always been the random elements. Full heart restores, raising lava, unforgivable character advantage depending on the level in play, character balance, etc. I'm not sure how it works at competitive/high level play, if you turn off all that stuff it probably becomes significantly better. I just think that when you need to disable half the game in order for it to be competitive something feels off.
LOL
Trust me (as you could see from the video) ALL items get turned off, and a lot of stages get banned as well.
But when you start playing the game competitvely, turning items on and playing on banned stages (most of them at least) then it actually becomes less fun for you, compared to playing with the ubity tourney settings.
Yous hould get into brawl, probably the most technical fighting game out there, and almost probably the most fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo   SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 7:53 am

Well, Brawl is quite fun game to play and I would still play the game competitively if it weren't for the smash scene in the UK. Most of the smash players play Melee and they take it more seriously than Brawl. And because of that, I decided to quit the scene and moved on to something else. Even more annoying about the smash players is that they hack Brawl just to make it more competitively, which actually just killed me from being in the Smash scene lool.

And as for DOA5, I agree with Wydra that the countering needs to be less spammy. Stuffs like that make the game messy and silly. They seriously need to fix that in the game.
Back to top Go down
https://deadoraliveeu.forummotion.com
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

PostSubject: Srk in depth look at dead or alive pre alpha demo   SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 8:15 am

Anything that has do spamming needs to be removed.lol As for super smash bros good game and it's fun to play not sure how comptitive the game.
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo   SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 6:55 am

agreed with both sonic and rev on that one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo   SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo Empty

Back to top Go down

SRK's In-Depth look at Dead or Alive 5 Pre Alpha Demo
Page 1 of 1