Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  

The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion

Go down 
+3
Sonicstormer
o Arnell Long 0
Hurricane Rev
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion Empty
PostSubject: The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion   The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:26 am

With the demo almost approching the European shores, Discuss about the game's system and the characters in the Dead Or Alive 5 demo in here. Post anything that you have found out in the demo in here.....

Buttons:

F - Hold
P - Punch
K - Kick

F+P - Throw
P+K - Strong Punch
F+K - Strong Kick
F Icon_+ P Icon_+ K - Power Blow Attack
Icon_left Icon_left Icon_left F Icon_+ P Icon_+ K - Taunt 1
Icon_down Icon_down Icon_down F Icon_+ P Icon_+ K - Taunt 2
Icon_6 Icon_6 Icon_6 F Icon_+ P Icon_+ K - Taunt 3
Icon_down F Icon_+ P Icon_+ K / Icon_8 F Icon_+ P Icon_+ K - Side step
Icon_down Icon_down / Icon_8 Icon_8 - Free Step

System Changes:

Critical State

Critical Threshold

Defensive Holds

All of the characters have Normal Holds:

Icon_7 F
Icon_left F
Icon_downleft F

All of the characters have advanced holds

Icon_6 Icon_left F - Mid Punch Attack
Icon_left Icon_6 F - Mid Kick Attack

(Although, there are some characters when the full game comes out that will have a Low or High Advanced Holds)

Power Blow
(Here are some notes on Power Blow by Mr Wah)

Quote :

•Power Blow cinematic attack can be performed once wind effect appears (~20 frames after holding down ) - For now, calling "Charged Power Blow" the power blow that performs the cinematic and allows for directional knockback. "Non-charged Power Blow" is the normal attack version with no knock back or charge required.
•Non-charged Power Blow will be heavily unsafe (-16 to -19 frames disadvantage) on guard, and perform a KND if connecting
•Charged Power Blow can not hit an opponent in an air state
•Charged Power Blow will Guard Crush.
•Any hold that holds middle punch levels can hold a Power Blow.
•Power Blows can be sidestepped
•Free Stepping while charging a Power blow will cancel the Power Blow animation into the side step animation.

And remember guys, to give your opinion to Team Ninja Once you have played the demo.

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/

Have a great time playing the demo everyone and tell us what you have found in the demo! Wink

Last edited by Hurricane Rev on Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://deadoraliveeu.forummotion.com
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion   The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:30 am

Reserved
Back to top Go down
o Arnell Long 0

o Arnell Long 0

PostSubject: Re: The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion   The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 3:53 am

Just submitted my Feedback, and congrats on getting your copy...oh how I love this game! I'm still in shock that DOA is "ALIVE" again!

Oh and you forgot to add in the Side-step "attack".
Back to top Go down
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion   The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 6:25 am

wow, just wow. I reallly don't know what to say really. Over the past few hours, I have just been amaze with how different DOA5 is to DOA4. This game is preetty much "ALIVE" so far.

Firstly, this Game is Friggin Amazing!! This game looks and plays very VERY SOLID. The movement of the game is good and the music is TOO EPIC!!! I am really loving the demo at the moment and I want to play more of it really sooon.

The attacking in this game is slightly different to DOA4. Firstly, side stepping in this game really good but it is really hard to use it correctly. It seems like you have to do it as soon the attack is about to hit you.

Also, I am LOVING the PowerBlow. It is sooo EPIC and It isn't as spammy as I thought it was. Right now, I think it is completely fine how it is. I love this special move Very Happy

Also, some of the characters attacks has been changed quite alot. I can't really go into details about the character's changes now because someone wants to use the PC lool. But hopefully, I can talk about them later on.
Back to top Go down
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

PostSubject: DOA 5 alpha demo gameplay discussion    The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 6:35 am

That's good news I'm getting the demo at midnight so I'll post my thoughts later
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion   The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 7:09 am

imma get the demo at the weekend,

good news SONIC =P
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/Thunderninja02
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

PostSubject: The DOA5 Alpha Demo    The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 12:22 pm

^^ Well i just played the demo and it is amazing and you are going to love it. It's very smooth gameplay. The moves for Ayane are a little bit different but nothing i can't handle.
Back to top Go down
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion   The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 10:03 pm

I forgot to mention, I like the fact that you can cancel out of the Powerblow by side stepping. That is pretty neat to be honest. The side stepping are sort of tough to pull off but I am getting used to the side steps in the game.

I like how the cliff hangers work aswell. Basically when you push your opponent of the cliff, they have to try and hold on the edge by pressing the free/hold button. If they don't press it, then they will fall straight down. So yeah, when they have grab on to the edge, you will start running to them and you can either punch or grab them of the edge. The best bit about this is that they can defend themselves as they get up. So for example, if you press punch while you are running towards the person and the person who is getting up press block, then they will block the punch and then both of the characters will fall onto the ground together, at the same time, which is very neat IMO Smile
Back to top Go down
Snuggles

PostSubject: Re: The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion   The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:18 pm

I just love how smooth DOA5 is. The gameplay flows sweetly. I like that they've kept throw punishing and slow escaping. It's interesting how they have changed up some stuff, for example Hayate had a nice whiff punisher with 4-K. I thought it had been taken out but it's now the kick on the end of the wind dash. So many changes Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.senbreeze.co.uk
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

PostSubject: The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion    The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 11:59 pm

If someone trys a power attack you either block it or sidestep which is pretty cool if you ask same gous with the dangerzones. I like how the power moves don't give off to much damage or to little it's right in the middle. You can also have the frame data when your fighting as well.
Back to top Go down
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion   The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 3:22 am

I am really liking the demo at the moment and in my honest opinion, I really do think that the game can be taking seriously. Although, I've heard quite a few people saying that this game is like a mini game, which I LOL'd about. Yes, there are random things that hits you while you are fighting on the stage but that is because you are punching your opponents towards the selves, where all the stuffs is at. Also, I think that things coming down and hit you makes it a bit more excitement into a match. It can be a distraction but it makes it more challenging and you can easily side step the falling items. Even more, it makes it more realistic.

I believe the only way for team ninja to fix the falling items is by allowing you to block the falling items.
Back to top Go down
Kiori

Kiori

PostSubject: Re: The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion   The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 3:24 pm

I couldn´t play the demo yet but from what I see I really like it! They did a really great job with the costume details! I´pe we´ll see a ton of costumes.

Gameplaywise it looks very familar to the previous DoA Games and that for a good reason - the fighting system is still the same and that´s perfect.

The new "BLOW-ATTACK" is a very nice looking element and I think it´s not overpowered. I can´t wait to try it by myself.

later Smile
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion   The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 10:25 pm

power blowsss are awesome,

i like the level designs =P
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/Thunderninja02
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion   The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 7:24 am

I have been playing with Ayane in the demo recently and I am really loving her at the moment. She is even better now than how she played in DOA4. Most of her moves are so much better now and she has got some really awesome bating moves.
Back to top Go down
Leifang12

Leifang12

PostSubject: Re: The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion   The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 8:10 am

Hurricane Rev wrote:
I have been playing with Ayane in the demo recently and I am really loving her at the moment. She is even better now than how she played in DOA4. Most of her moves are so much better now and she has got some really awesome bating moves.

Agreed!!!! I love playing Ayane now! Hitomi is cool aswell, but I find it more rewarding playing Ayane because she seems more difficult to master Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

PostSubject: The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion    The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 8:55 am

i 2nd that she is my favorite character and its nice to learn some of her new moves
Back to top Go down
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion   The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 10:57 am

Ayane is really fun to use in this game but yes, she is really hard to master and she is quite tricky to use. I will be using her at Wathamstow Versus on Saturday and I hope that you guys do manage to watch the stream of it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion   The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

The DOA5 Alpha Demo Gameplay Discussion
Page 1 of 1