Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  

Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build

Go down 
+5
AngryWorm
NightAntilli
Leifang12
Thunderninja02
Hurricane Rev
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build Empty
PostSubject: Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build   Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 9:43 pm

Well now that E3 is over (Sad times) and the Tournament is over with MASTER winning the tournament, what do you guys think of the game so far?

Personally, I am actually realllly liking the game so far. The new game's feature "Critical Burst" is really cool but I think it will be annoying at times (I'm looking at you Kasumi). I believe It won't be anything broken though. I just hope that Team Ninja will find a way on not making the critical burst abusive, especially on Kasumi.

The characters in the latest build are really cool. Most characters in the game seems balance but I know that there will be some characters that are going to be REALLY good! You guys better watch out for Sarah when the game hits lool
Back to top Go down
https://deadoraliveeu.forummotion.com
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build   Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 10:37 pm

i do agree on all your opinon,
however
The power blows should go back to how it was in the alpha demo,
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/Thunderninja02
Leifang12

Leifang12

PostSubject: Re: Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build   Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 11:39 pm

Ok so now we got some new updates on the gameplay, stages, music, characters and graphics!

Gameplay: I really like the direction DOA5 is taking atm. It seems fluid, fast and fun. What still concerns me is the balance of all the characters! The balance "problem" with Sarah seems like a huge issue! But DrDogg and Rikuto said something very true yesterday, that all characters should be buffed to Sarahs level, instead of nerfing Sarah! I really hope that TN knows what they need to do to get all their characters to the VF characters level. Maybe get some help from Sega to fix the problems with TN own characters!

Now Leifang is my favourite character and Shimbori and 2 other AWESOME people was so kind to finally use her! Now what I saw. Her mid kick counters is finally working, so now you have an advantage! Her back throw against the wall is also working now and gives advantage. So now you can really mix it up! Also 4 point hold is back and thats good for all Leifang players! Means more mix up oppotunities! I still miss that Leis K2K from DOA2/3 would return and launch at the way because that was an awesome launcher! Her new K2K from DOA4 is also useful dont get me wrong but not as useful as the old one because it is slow and the ground bounce is not as good! Her parrys was not shown, so I cannot comment on them but looks interesting! Did not see any new moves, so if anyone has seen something that I missed or did not mention pls. let me know!

Powerblows: being nerfed and can only be used when you have lost 50% of your life, is AWESOME! Thank god for that!

Critical Burst: Something new that stuns your opponent so you cannot counter! Hmm... The thought seems like a good idea, but it does not work 100%. When I saw Kayane use Kasumis Critical Burst move it made me feel like "that looks cheep, but cool"! I like that Sitdown stuns and other stuns that doesn't allow counters, because you'll get up eventually! But Critical Bursts stuns look sooooo long and I dont think it is 100% the solution to DOA5s gameplay problems! I do think however it could be a good addition but needs some tweaking!

Stages: OMG, the Sakura stage looks AMAZING Excited and I also love the Flow stage! The only thing that worrys me is that we only have squared stages and Cliffhanger stages! I hope I am wrong! I really want a stage with stages and normal fall down clifs! A stage like "The Great Wall" is something I would like to see! I like that stages has cliffhangers, but why not have both with more levels! As of now, we have only seen stages which has 2 levels and that annoys me a little, because DOA has always been about falling down to the next level and lots of them!

Music: OMG the music is so bad! I cannot describe my dissapointment towards it! It is neither exciting, fun or special! It is repetitive, boring and really NOT DOA! DOA has always been about doing something that relates to the characters! It seems like the whole passion that I found in the DOA music is gone from DOA5! DOA music always had like a melody and what I mean by that is that you could make lyrics to the music, because it seemed to have a lyric melodic theme! Now it just seems like background music which doesn't go anywhere! If you listen to the "Scramble" stage music that I posted on Youtube and listen to any other musical piece from old DOAs you can see such a huge difference in style and how it is made! Hope this makes sense guys! haha

Characters: Ok so now I could really gain some enemies, but I'll say it anyways! We saw the new Hitomi, Tina, Kokoro, Bass and Sarah from VF! Kokoro looks really good! I do think however the pattern/texture from her DOA4 pink Kimono is better then the one in DOA5, but still looks decent! I do think however her face is a little emotionless and stiff! The hair looks really good considering how other fighting game hair looks! I like her new ourfit and love that her original pink costume with the "puffs" bracelets are back, because its so cute! Hitomi looks ok I guess! I think her face looks like a hamster and her mouth movement is really bad and her whole face is so stiff! Her clown costume is really bad, but thats because I dont like fun costumes! I like costumes that resembles the characters personality and I feel like a clown costume is not Hitomi! Tina looks is not good. Her hair is to short and I dont like the color. Her face aswell is not my taste, but moves alot better then Hitomi and Kokoro somehow! Her cowbow costume and DOA4 ending costume look great, but her new yellow costume is ok. Wish the yellow top would be a bit more like her 2nd costume in DOA2U. I love the jacket and the hat, but the pants and the shoes is a no no! It looks like a big mix of ugly! Bass looks better then ever! His face looks like Bass's and costume is also him! I am glad to see him looking good! Sarah looks amazing! Her face is so much better then Tinas! Why cant they switch Tinas and Sarahs face! I cannot wait to see her in action!

Graphics:
The graphics looks better! I think the shadows has been improved alot! The texture on the characters has been improved aswell! I still think many of the character faces looks emotionless and stiff and I wish they could show more emotion! The stage textures looks better then before and thats good!

Overall: Now I may seem a little sad over alot of things but I am not! I love the game as of now and the issues I have with the character designs is not so bad that it ruins the game for me! I am so excited for DOA5 and I cannot wait to get my hands on it!
Back to top Go down
NightAntilli

PostSubject: Re: Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build   Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 12:37 am

I agree with Leifang12 on most things, except for the music. I think the music is MUCH better and more memorable, especially compared to DOA4.

As for the critical bursts, I think it's a nice addition and it will probably work in the favor of the more skilled player. The biggest pet peeve of prior DOA games is that new players could get away with too much stuff by just mashing holds.

The graphics are definitely improved on all fronts. Textures are better, animations are better, there are more particle effects, environments look better.. Screen tearing from the Alpha build also seems to be gone, which is a huge plus. There is nothing more dreadful than screen tearing in a fighting game. And I'm liking the look of all the characters so far.

Prior to this I wasn't so excited for DOA5, but now I definitely am. I wish we could've seen more of Kokoro and Lei-Fang though. It's as if the only thing we got to see where their new looks.. Nothing on their moves and changes.. I admit, I am kind of impatient.
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build   Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:28 am

the dangerzone markings in that game was horrible,
could not see the button on the car,

the power blow system and the dangerzone highlighting should revert back to how it was in that alpha demo
Back to top Go down
AngryWorm

AngryWorm

PostSubject: Re: Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build   Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:48 am

Gameplay definitely seems to have taken a more competitive direction with the new build. Critical stuns will dramatically alter the character balance and move choices, and high level players will mark out over guaranteed damage being much more prominent. I haven't heard anything about Sarah and her balance issues - care to bring me up to speed? Dr. Dogg was kind of to list his top three characters (in his opinion on the current build) and indicated that they were Bayman/Hitomi/Akira/Tina. Seems reasonable enough to me. It's really early to be looking "too much" into this, but hey, if anyone would know character balance it's Dr. Dogg.

Last edited by AngryWorm on Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AngryWorm
LondonLust

LondonLust

PostSubject: Re: Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build   Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:56 am

I think it's getting way better from the Alpha build. Now there's actually guaranteed damage!

I like all the new characters looks except for 1, which I'm not going to say.

The music can be better. If you listen to the Scramble stage music, it's basically like ear rape with the same thing repeating over and over and over again.
Back to top Go down
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

PostSubject: Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 build    Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 2:33 am

I love the game so far it's allot better than the Alpha demo. One nice thing about E3 demo is the critical burst Kayane was able to do a good job on using Kasumi's critical burst. As for powerblows i'm fine with using it only at 50%.

Music is alright could be better and each stage is awesome can't wait for the full bulid. I just wished we could of have more Lei Fang and Kokoro players at the tournament.
Back to top Go down
NightAntilli

PostSubject: Re: Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build   Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 2:52 am

To clarify, I was referring to the menu music. To be honest I didn't pay attention to the fighting music. I was paying attention to other things...
Back to top Go down
Leifang12

Leifang12

PostSubject: Re: Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build   Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 2:54 am

Sonicstormer wrote:
I love the game so far it's allot better than the Alpha demo. One nice thing about E3 demo is the critical burst Kayane was able to do a good job on using Kasumi's critical burst. As for powerblows i'm fine with using it only at 50%.

Music is alright could be better and each stage is awesome can't wait for the full bulid. I just wished we could of have more Lei Fang and Kokoro players at the tournament.

I think Critical Bursts might be a good thing, but need to try them out before I can make up my mind an 100% about them being good or not!

and also some news. Leifangs Critical Burst move is Icon_down Icon_downleft Icon_left P+K (DOA4 way of pulling of move, dont know if it changed in DOA5). And there were also some issues with Leifangs Icon_9 K K K aswell. Its like the made it faster. The first kick launches, then the second kick launches even higher, and then the third kick cannot hit Smile Its interesting to see. Maybe you can use Icon_9 K K as a launcher now Very Happy That would be nice Smile (I know you could use it before, but 9KK never launched that high before) and I also saw a new string which looks like a P P P (but her old PPP is still there so it must be a new string, maybe PP8P maybe) also Icon_6 Icon_6 P doesn't stun anymore, it puts you onto the ground even on normal hit!

Ohh and for all Kokoro players, it looks like you can do a throw after Icon_down F+K

Last edited by Leifang12 on Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build   Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 4:14 am

this all sounds goody =P
Back to top Go down
NightAntilli

PostSubject: Re: Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build   Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 4:23 am

Leifang12 wrote:
Ohh and for all Kokoro players, it looks like you can do a throw after Icon_down K
It actually looks more like a stance from which you can either throw or hit. I could be wrong though. And I think you mean Icon_down F+K Razz

And btw, Lei-Fang's Icon_3 K doesn't cause a sitdown anymore right? I guess she'd need to use something else.
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build   Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 5:18 am

she might do,
Does hayabusa's Icon_3 K no longer sit down stun either ?? DAMN
Back to top Go down
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build   Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:42 am

Zack seems really good in this game so far and I am liking how he is playing. I also like the fact that he is alot harder in this game which is good. He has got some new moves that he has got which does look really cool. I am not really fan of his new looks (I guess I need to get used to it) But I am quite excited to play with him.
Back to top Go down
Leifang12

Leifang12

PostSubject: Re: Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build   Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 10:50 am

NightAntilli wrote:
Leifang12 wrote:
Ohh and for all Kokoro players, it looks like you can do a throw after Icon_down K
It actually looks more like a stance from which you can either throw or hit. I could be wrong though. And I think you mean Icon_down F+K Razz

And btw, Lei-Fang's Icon_3 K doesn't cause a sitdown anymore right? I guess she'd need to use something else.

Ohh yeah I meant that move xD sorry

Hmm in DOA2 Leifang's Icon_3 K does not sitdown stun on normal hit! Maybe it's needs to be counter hit or critical hit before causing a sit down stun like in DOA2? Smile
Back to top Go down
Kiori

Kiori

PostSubject: Re: Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build   Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 4:37 pm

Visually I´m totally fine with the current build.

Tina and also Kokoro are very beautiful. I wasn´t really sure about Koko when I saw her the first time but after a few more gameplay vids I can say that she looks perfect to me now.

Jungle stage is not my favorite. I thought that the 2nd floor was bigger and and more like a jungle and not a simple area with such a lot of space to move.

I can´t say a lot about the music but I´ve listen to the Temple Stage music when some people where fighting there (not the E3 Trailer!) and it underlines the perfect picture of a traditional japanese temple. LOVE it

Gameplaywise it looks really good to me and I think I´ll have fun with it. I like the Slow-Motion elements when you "KO" the opponent and also while you do your POWER BLOW. << lol at this

I like the movements and all characters seem really enjoyable to me!

Now I´m more and more excited about Mila and Rig but I also can´t wait for the characters we expect to be in the game.

Back to top Go down
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build   Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 1:48 am

Yeah, I am hoping that I will get to hear some news on Mila. And now there are rumours that Nikki might be in DOA5!!! Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build   Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 1:51 am

NO, NO NIKI in doa 5
if we get niki, then we should get MOMIJI as well
Back to top Go down
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build   Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 1:55 am

Thunderninja02 wrote:
NO, NO NIKI in doa 5
if we get niki, then we should get MOMIJI as well

LOOL What is wrong with Niki?
Back to top Go down
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

PostSubject: Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 build    Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 3:05 am

Niki is not the fighting type that's the way i see it but i do agree with thunder if TN is making Niki available they should do the same for Momiji
Back to top Go down
Kiori

Kiori

PostSubject: Re: Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build   Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 3:52 am

Hurricane Rev wrote:
Yeah, I am hoping that I will get to hear some news on Mila. And now there are rumours that Nikki might be in DOA5!!! Your thoughts?

Hey Rev. Where did you get that info / rumor from?

I find it kinda interesting but as some others say - I would like to play as Momiji or Rachel in a DoA Game - that would be nice!
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build   Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 4:59 am

YAY, MORE IN THE MOMIJI CREW
Back to top Go down
LavanderGirl

LavanderGirl

PostSubject: Re: Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build   Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 5:00 am

Hurricane Rev wrote:

I only played the Alpha Demo (that I still have) and I'm going to give my opinion on this. In my opinion about Niki in the rooster I think this rumor isn't true. Remember when there was a rumor of Niki being a playable character in the DOAX2 game? It turned out that that wasn't true at all. So this is very likely to not be real, but something someone wanted to start up.

If this was a real rumor, Team Ninja would have made it clear, revealed it or said so somehow. It's like hearing that a new Sonic game (from the dreamcast) would come out, but it turned out that it wasn't real at all. Just something a person made up. bleh

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://lavandergirlviolet.tumblr.com/
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

PostSubject: Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 build   Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 11:55 pm

Ok the full game is out so what your thoughts on the final build?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build   Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build Empty

Back to top Go down

Your impressions on the DOA5 E3 Build
Page 1 of 1