Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  

Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU Empty
PostSubject: Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU   Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 2:11 am

Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU Q&A+Session

Dead Or Alive EU will be holding a Q&A session which will be starting on Monday 26th March 2012. In this session, we will be answering community questions that are posted up in this thread. The questions can be about anything Dead Or Alive related or it can be anything about the community or it could be about something else. So please don't be afriad to ask. We are very nice people Smile.

Now with the Dead Or Alive 5 Alpha demo coming out next Friday and for those that won't be able to play the demo, you may want to ask some questions to us about the DOA5 demo. If you do have got some questions about the Alpha demo that you want to ask, you can write down your questions in this thread.

so, Fire Away Those Questions!!
Back to top Go down
https://deadoraliveeu.forummotion.com
LavanderGirl

LavanderGirl

PostSubject: Re: Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU   Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 8:42 am

I have a couple of few questions, just hope that most of them will get answered even if they don't pick any.

1) Are the "power blows" diffrent or thr same is it used in DOA4?

2) Why do you think that the Characters look alot more "mature" looking and appearing older?

3) If DOA5 becomes a success, do you think it'll be the end of the series? Or will you be expecting some more DOA games to come in the future? Smile

Last edited by LavanderGirl on Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://lavandergirlviolet.tumblr.com/
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU   Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 11:54 am

mine would just be the one

will online have doa4 server or hopefully a new better server
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/#!/Thunderninja02
WydrA

PostSubject: Re: Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU   Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 7:40 am

Uhhhh will the ninjas be nerfed? They need to be nerfed. Badly.
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU   Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 10:27 am

everyone has their one stats now,
ninjas have been nerfed and upgraded, as have
all characters
Back to top Go down
WydrA

PostSubject: Re: Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU   Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 1:22 pm

I guess I'll expand on what I was getting at then.
Will you (PLEASE)
1. Get rid of all long ranged teleports
2. Make it so any short ranged teleports will not have more then two options (so that opponents don't have to play retarded guessing games)
3. Get rid of ALL teleport and long ranged throws. throws should be used to take advantage of a player when they are guarding from attacks, or after a string. Having throws that can be used when the player is attempting to approach or get up, ruins the point of this, and just allows for turtling.
4. Make like Kokoro's (facing right) 4b (doad) Give a guaranteed advantage. If you manged to predict well enough get that throw, your opponent shouldn't be able to hit you because you just predicted them. that doesn't make sense. at least not in a fighting game.
5. Either get rid of moves like Brad Wong's (facing right) 236p (doad) or, give them to every character. I've been in this situation as Kokoro (no similar move) too many times: both you and your opponent are one hit from death, so your opponent backs up to the edge of the allowed distance, waits for you to start to move, then launches them self (or slides) at you, and you los. that's an unfair advantage. There shouldn't be unfair advantages in a fighting game.
6. If someone uses a charge blow like Kasumi's (facing right) 4p+k (doad) it shouldn't give them an advantage. These are powerful moves, if someone takes the risk of using them, they shouldn't be at an advantage. You can't use something that powerful, that the opponent is obviously going to block, and then be able to follow up with more attacks. This is sort of the same thing as 5. I especially hope this won't be the case for powerblows.
7. Get rid of projectiles.
8. Make counters so that, they do either very little damage, or no damage. Instead a counter (or hold) should be used to give yourself an advantage, like leifang's (facing right) 9p (doad)

That's all for now. If I think of more, I'll post them.
Back to top Go down
LondonLust

LondonLust

PostSubject: Re: Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU   Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 3:02 pm

^ Mind if I say some things Wink

1. You mean Hayabusa's right? You can easily sidestep those.
2. What do you mean "short ranged teleports"?
3. Once again you can sidestep.
5. Well what you can do is bait them out and then when they do it just throw punish them. For Brad Wong's 236P you wanna do the 3P+K throw.
7. I have to agree. They're so useless and just fan-service.
8. Totally agree, counters do too much damage in DOA4 and D.
Back to top Go down
WydrA

PostSubject: Re: Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU   Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 4:06 pm

1. Well we can only assume you can side step them. Also some of them can't be sidestepped already, and, can be abused when you try and get back up. Play some Hayabusas on DOAD online, and you'll see EXACTLY what I mean. Better to get rid of them altogether.
2. Like this
youtube (i would embed the video, but I haven't been here for 7 days -_- ) /watch?v=vefqXidhoYQ (It's the Akira Kasumi Trailer)
1:20-1:22 (three in a row)
1:35
3. Haybusa's teleport throw can't be sidestepped in DoAD. Hopefully changed in DOA 5, but once again the better action is to dump it. Drop it like it's hot. When Ryu teleports, there are too many options to be sure whether or not sidestepping is the correct course of action.
5. Doesn't always work. You should be familiar with Christie's (facing right) 66k (doad) and her (facing right) 662k (DOAD). Both are long ranged. If you'r in the situation before mentioned, baiting them has two possible choices for where you block. Low or high? Like I said, unfair advantage.
Anyway all in all, TN fix fix FIX! >.<
Back to top Go down
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

PostSubject: Re: Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU   Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 10:05 pm

Guys, these questions aren't going off to Team Ninja. I will be answering the questions spock
Back to top Go down
https://deadoraliveeu.forummotion.com
LondonLust

LondonLust

PostSubject: Re: Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU   Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 8:06 am

@Wydra Hayabusa's teleport anything is sidestep-able in DOAD.
And you should be able to tell if Christie's long ranged options are going to be high or low. Christie needs to run in order for the low to work effectively. And if you catch her running counter low. If you don't then counter mid since she's probably going to do the 66K. Its not that broken at all. You just need to counter it lol.

@Rev yeah I know lol I don't think Wydra does though.
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU   Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 8:22 am

as a hayabusa player,
yes all his teleport moves can be sidestepped,
apart from when he teleports behind or to the side,

as for kasumis teleports in doa5
they seem to be easy to reckonise and block or counter anyways,

Back to top Go down
WydrA

PostSubject: Re: Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU   Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 9:49 am

Well with Christie's options, if you're in the before mentioned situation, then when she start's dashing, both options are quite possible. It's very unlikely that they're going to walk towards you instead of dashing.
I still stand by my view on teleports. It creates an unnecessary guessing game, which isn't going to make anyone in the hardcore community happy. It also becomes REALLY frinking annoying when you're knocked down. If there are going to be teleports, there need to be no more than 2 options. Btw, it's basically the exact same thing as projectiles sooo... I don't see why you guys don't agree with this when you agree with my views on that...
Back to top Go down
LondonLust

LondonLust

PostSubject: Re: Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU   Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 10:50 am

Wydra, sidestep the teleport.
Back to top Go down
WydrA

PostSubject: Re: Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU   Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 11:58 am

Have you TRIED sidestepping in DOAD?
There's a reason everyone demand it was changed back to DOA 3 style. It's so last second you might as well be safer and just block or Hold.
And you didn't explain how teleports are any different from projectiles (aside from the obvious "You use your body instead of a projectile").

BTW
Played some DOAD matches.
Win percentage against ninjas (rank F- B)- Probably about 10-20%
Win percentage against non-ninjas (rank D+-A-)- Proabably about 70-80%
I think this shows just how OP the ninjas are now.

Also 3 rounds lost to multiple lucky counters in a row.

Yeah. I would say it was fun. But I'd be lying.
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU   Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 12:16 pm

wydra

ryu's teleport moves do not

'Hunt down' and follow the opponent,

aslong as you sidestep at the right time and keep side steping

when ryu finishes,

his back will be facing you,

thats when you take advantage,

as a hayabusa player,

please take my advice

cheers:afro:
Back to top Go down
LondonLust

LondonLust

PostSubject: Re: Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU   Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 12:51 pm

WydrA wrote:
Have you TRIED sidestepping in DOAD?
There's a reason everyone demand it was changed back to DOA 3 style. It's so last second you might as well be safer and just block or Hold.
And you didn't explain how teleports are any different from projectiles (aside from the obvious "You use your body instead of a projectile").

BTW
Played some DOAD matches.
Win percentage against ninjas (rank F- B)- Probably about 10-20%
Win percentage against non-ninjas (rank D+-A-)- Proabably about 70-80%
I think this shows just how OP the ninjas are now.

Also 3 rounds lost to multiple lucky counters in a row.

Yeah. I would say it was fun. But I'd be lying.

Nah, most of the ninja players on there were trash. But no one really plays it anymore.

Back to top Go down
WydrA

PostSubject: Re: Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU   Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 1:35 pm

I know that now. They do hunt you down, just not sidesteps. But the problem is how difficult the sidestep is to pull off. Also, like I've said like 3 times now, it can be used when people are getting off the ground, as an almost guaranteed if timed correctly.
@London
A lot of people still play. If anything it's gaining popularity (assuming you're talking about people involved in the community)
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU   Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 11:23 pm

:S

been a ryu player my whole doa life, you'd think i would know a little about his move set, only his forward roll and headbutt 'lock on' but the others dont, do what people do aganist me,

aslong as you sidestep at the right time and keep side steping

when ryu finishes,

his back will be facing you,

thats when you take advantage,.

and if that dont work, spam with genra =P
Back to top Go down
WydrA

PostSubject: Re: Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU   Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 3:07 am

Siad this before, but i'lsay it again. Sidestepping in DOAD is so precise, it's basically useless. It isn't consistent enough. Also, I am 100% sure that Ryu's teleport throw locks on to you except for sidestep. I've had it happen to me too many times.
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU   Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 5:32 am

Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU 1238687543

and as a ryu hayabusa player

with more experince as playing as him, his throw does not lock on.

if a power blow misses on doa5, how much of a disadvantage will the player have???
Back to top Go down
LondonLust

LondonLust

PostSubject: Re: Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU   Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 7:43 am

Just leave him alone for now, Thunder.
Back to top Go down
Thunderninja02

Thunderninja02

PostSubject: Re: Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU   Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 8:03 am

okie dokieeee

my question still satnds

if a power blow misses on doa5, how much of a disadvantage will the player have???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU   Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU Empty

Back to top Go down

Q&A Session With Dead Or Alive EU
Page 1 of 1