Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  

Dead Or Alive EU Showcase: Chin On Team Ninja's Press Event!! (Exclusive)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hurricane Rev
Admin
Hurricane Rev

Dead Or Alive EU Showcase: Chin On Team Ninja's Press Event!! (Exclusive) Empty
PostSubject: Dead Or Alive EU Showcase: Chin On Team Ninja's Press Event!! (Exclusive)   Dead Or Alive EU Showcase: Chin On Team Ninja's Press Event!! (Exclusive) EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 6:22 am

Dead Or Alive EU Showcase: Chin On Team Ninja's Press Event!! (Exclusive) Logo

The DOAEU Showcase is back for the second time and this time, it is a Special One. I had a pleasure to interview Chin Soon Sun, who is a Community Manager at Tecmo Koei Europe and just recently, he went over to San Francisco to attend a Team Ninja's Press Event and he manage to get a chance to play a very early verison of DOA5 at the event.

Dead Or Alive EU Showcase: Chin On Team Ninja's Press Event!! (Exclusive) Chin

Hurricane Rev: How did the Team Ninja press event go?

Chin: The Team Ninja press event in San Francisco was amazing. I would say it's probably the best one we have ever had. It's good to see the people enjoying the DOA5 as well as Ninja Gaiden 3's new stage and online mode (Clan Battle) that we were showing.

Hurricane Rev: Did you get to play DOA5 at the event or watch people play DOA5? If so, how was it?

Chin: I did try the game out of course. I personally think it's very amazing and different as you can see the team has evolved. When I heard about the game is only 15% complete I was shocked cause that looks a lot more than that to me so I have a very high hope for this title.

Hurricane Rev: You said over on twitter that Shimbori-san has received over 500 submissions for The DOA5 "Make A Move"competition and he already picked 2 moves from the DOA5 "Make A Move" submission. Do you know whether or not. If Team Ninja will announce for the winners for the competition? If so, when?

Chin: While having the dinner with the team, I've asked Shimbori-san about this (thanks to the Mango cocktails) he said he's still checking through. Apprently there are around 500 of submission and he's got 2 and of course there will be more coming. I'm not sure when the winners will be announced. Perhaps when the time is near but definitely the winners' names will be in the game credits. This is not an easy task to implement your move into the game so we just have to wait. Keep an eye on our social network. @tecmokoeieurope

Hurricane Rev: We have heard quite a few things about DOA5 this week. What are your general impressions of the news that we have heard so far?

Chin: It's a good event and we have also heard many positive feedback from everyone (which is very good). I would have said Team Ninja is a top class developer, what makes them even better is they're willing to listen and try their best to develop the best game.

Hurricane Rev: What characters would you like to see next in DOA5?

Chin: I personally would love to see Jann Lee and Leifang, not because I'm a Chinese myself but they've always been my favorites.

Hurricane Rev: When can we expect to hear more juicy news on DOA5?

Chin: Juicy news? I have one now. Well if you preorder Ninja Gaiden 3 (which is coming on March 23, 2012 in Europe), you will get to try the DOA5 demo. We're working with the retailers now and will keep you updated on @tecmokoeieurope on Twitter.

Last edited by Hurricane Rev on Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://deadoraliveeu.forummotion.com
Nitro

Nitro

PostSubject: Re: Dead Or Alive EU Showcase: Chin On Team Ninja's Press Event!! (Exclusive)   Dead Or Alive EU Showcase: Chin On Team Ninja's Press Event!! (Exclusive) EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 6:46 am

Good interview

LOL at the "Mango Cocktail" reference, I think what he means is that under normal circumstances he wouldn't have managed to speak to Shimbori-san.
Maybe the coctails gave him confidence Laughing

I thought this comment was very interesting
Quote :
I personally think it's very amazing and different as you can see the team has evolved
He was talking about the team evolving, not the game (even though the game has definitely evolved too)

I wonder how much of Team Ninja's evolution was due to Itagaki's departure?
The game looks and feels very different from the previous DOA games already

What surprises are in store for us next year?
I'm guessing we'll probably be seeing a few new characters at the very least Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sonicstormer
Admin
Sonicstormer

PostSubject: Dead or alive EU showcase: Chin on Team Ninja's Press Event    Dead Or Alive EU Showcase: Chin On Team Ninja's Press Event!! (Exclusive) EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 10:26 am

Nice interview Rev looks like he like the demo of the game it looks like it's coming long nicely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dead Or Alive EU Showcase: Chin On Team Ninja's Press Event!! (Exclusive)   Dead Or Alive EU Showcase: Chin On Team Ninja's Press Event!! (Exclusive) Empty

Back to top Go down

Dead Or Alive EU Showcase: Chin On Team Ninja's Press Event!! (Exclusive)
Page 1 of 1